1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Beverages and Axes, Hatchets and Hawks

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by rockman0, Jul 15, 2017.

1. survivor45

survivor45

Feb 15, 2018
    On the subject of cider here is my local drink of choice. Schillings
    With a little West coast, East coast axes. I posted this on their FB page.
    [​IMG][/URL]

2. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    First jersey and first crosscut saw.[​IMG]

3. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Is that a 48"? Best one-man size. Good for trail work, too. Looks to be in pretty nice shape.

Miller '72 likes this.
  4. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    54" Dont think its been filed on,gonna give it a go next time off.

5. Miller '72

Miller '72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2017
    When I am camping...I keep no time, hold no pretense. Just do what feels right and be respectful and courteous.
    I always envy the fellas on the west coast...good wine, great saws, access to great sawyers willing to give hands on experience...great cruiser dbl bits. A forest service that uses and trains in the use of the crosscut.

Enjoy your week! Its 5 'o clock somewhere my friends! I toast this bottle of mini market merlot to those in Washington...squarepeg! Heres to you...Walla Walla!

[​IMG]

Yes I started before 3p:cool:

6. A17

A17

Jan 9, 2018
    Life ain't all that good on the west coast. You don't see a west coast jblyttle, do ya?:rolleyes: We have the saws but you have the axes.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Trailsawyer and Miller '72 like this.
  7. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Ya man! There is Ebay for us thankfully...sadly you cant ebay hands on crosscut sharpening or training...but I see your point man. We do have many of the great tools here, still waiting to be found and rescued. We just need to all do our part :thumbsup::cool:

A17 likes this.
  8. A17

A17

Jan 9, 2018
    I don't know of a source for sharpening or training either, sigh. I do know a guy that has a two man crosscut hanging in his living room that he remembers his father and grandfather cutting firewood with.:cool: He also has a broken two man he found horseback riding near an old cabin 10-15 mins away from me. He said there might be more stuff like that there as well. One of these days....

Miller '72 likes this.
  9. Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks, Miller! I envy all the old tools you have back east.

Miller '72 likes this.
  10. Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    I brought home a few of these Craftsman/Vaughan camp hatchets yesterday. At least one will be a gift for a friend and at least one with stay here with me. So hard to beat this deal I had to grab a few at my local Sears store. $17.99 each! Made in USA by Vaughan with 1080 steel. It seemed foolish not to buy some while they're still available. Gawd only knows how much longer Sears will be around and Vaughan will still be supplying.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Beachlogger

Beachlogger

Dec 27, 2015
    Love the tiger striping on the middle one

Square_peg likes this.
  12. Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Yeah, that curly hickory is an eye catcher. That one will be the gift.

Miller '72 and Trailsawyer like this.
  13. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    The "thick and thin" of Pendleton Canadian Whiskey with Apocalyptic undertones. Family is good.
    [​IMG]

14. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Had to dig 5 pages back for this thread...to far far when you are thirsty:cool:;)

[​IMG]

rockman0, Agent_H, Square_peg and 3 others like this.
  15. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    Zywiec 1881,think that’s how it’s spelled.Pretty tasty[​IMG]imagehost

16. Moonw

Moonw

Nov 19, 2014
    This would also be the official thread to post in when you get drunk and swing an ax in your shin, I guess? :D (Hopefully just a bad taste joke.)

quinton, Square_peg and A17 like this.
  17. Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    We should start an "Axe-idents" thread for this. Learn from each other's mistakes.

Miller '72, Moonw, quinton and 4 others like this.
  18. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    An axe-idents thread is a genius idea.

Moonw likes this.
  19. Moonw

Moonw

Nov 19, 2014
    I've only been "kissed" by regular knives, kukris, machetes, a cleaver and...of course glass. But I'll be all ears :).

20. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    Panhead - Rat Rod Hazy IPA 6.5% abv, and my 3.5lb Plumb.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    rockman0, Miller '72, Agent_H and 3 others like this.