Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Great pics and tasty looking beverages, everyone.:thumbsup:
Making camp pies on my honeymoon.
View attachment 777358

Changing breaks with the new wife.
View attachment 777359

Enjoyed this while listening to the rain come across the field.
View attachment 777506

The #23 sits nicely on a Great Eastern belt sheath. The knife was a gift from my brother bought from the late Mr. Bob Andrews after we visited him in Pittsburgh.

Good to see ya, buddy! Congratulations! I always enjoy seeing your well used knives, my friend.:cool::):thumbsup:

With the warmer weather, I decided to spend an impromptu night out in the bush last night.:)

FUEf20m.jpg

vvFJjsr.jpg

NuisN3G.jpg

Oh, and when I got home, there was a package waiting for me from Jack Black Jack Black in Yorkshire, with this beautiful knife inside!

MDJqeWh.jpg

That definitely deserves a celebratory pint of Bavarian hefeweizen (cloudy wheat beer)!

TTHBqJR.jpg

Thanks mate, I absolutely love this knife!:cool::):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats, Chin; that Guardians' lambsfoot is a stunner!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I especially admire the smooth, large-radius "brush strokes" on the covers!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Fantastic pics Chin, and congratulations my friend, as winner of the 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot Shipping Derby, I'll be raising a glass to you tonight :) Salud companero! :thumbsup:

Congrats, Chin; that Guardians' lambsfoot is a stunner!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I especially admire the smooth, large-radius "brush strokes" on the covers!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks GT.:) Yes, the covers reminded me of smooth brush strokes in an oil painting as well.;):thumbsup:

I'm catching up on the forum and this thread after vacationing in Barcelona. I sampled several of the local beers while I was there and here are the two that posed with one of my two pieces of travel pocket cutlery (please excuse the hotel room lighting):

TvbgOHVh.jpg

xb6QVRZh.jpg

Cerdos Voladores is Catalan for Flying Pig. :)

I also had the opportunity to try (not pictured) a couple of Brew Dog offerings that I've seen Jack post at least one of (Punk IPA) and also had my Boy Scout Camillus 72 (not pictured) along for whittling duty.

Hope you had a wonderful time in Barcelona Greg, fantastic place :) Great to see you were able to get some decent brews there too :thumbsup:

Hope you had a wonderful time in Barcelona Greg, fantastic place :) Great to see you were able to get some decent brews there too :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend. Fantastic is the perfect word to describe Barcelona, and it applies to people and place alike. I hope to return some day.

Still working off the jet lag, though, so it was coffee for me at 4:30 AM this morning. ;)

You do get about Donn! :) :thumbsup:

Yip I try to Jack, and it's one of the main reason why I'm not around here as much as I could be. I'm lucky I have a job in which I choose which hours I work though the work has sort of dried up at the mo :rolleyes:
So as I'll be kicking my heels over the next few weeks expect more pics of more knives in more pubs :thumbsup:
aKNnz69.jpg

P.S. That porter was quite disgusting :eek::oops::(

Thanks my friend. Fantastic is the perfect word to describe Barcelona, and it applies to people and place alike. I hope to return some day.

Still working off the jet lag, though, so it was coffee for me at 4:30 AM this morning. ;)

I used to spend a lot of time there Greg, hope you've got the jet-lag beat soon my friend :) :thumbsup:

Yip I try to Jack, and it's one of the main reason why I'm not around here as much as I could be. I'm lucky I have a job in which I choose which hours I work though the work has sort of dried up at the mo :rolleyes:
So as I'll be kicking my heels over the next few weeks expect more pics of more knives in more pubs :thumbsup:
aKNnz69.jpg

P.S. That porter was quite disgusting :eek::oops::(

I'll look forward to the pics Donn :) Sorry to hear about the porter! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Back