Big Ti Tanto in Progress!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
.25" thick and 12 or 13" long! I think 13" but just walked in from grinding it a while ago! :D

The grind is based on a traditional katana grind. It's crazy fast in the hand! Enjoy!

DSC_0309_zps8ada9532.jpg
[/URL]

Wooooow. That thing is baller!

Daniel, have you read up on SM100? You should consider working with that in the future!

Sick ! Seriously cool stuff !! ;)

I am dreaming of having something like that !! :cool:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!! Daniel,that grind is sooooooooo ILL!!!! How did you get that finish? It is so clean!

damn that is wicked cool.
Thanks!

Wooooow. That thing is baller!

Daniel, have you read up on SM100? You should consider working with that in the future!

Much appreciated!

I've read a lot on SM100, sounds like awesome stuff. I came close to buying some when Strider had some billets for sale. I think I'll eventually buy some.

I hear you need a new carbide end mill to drill each hole! Sounds good for folders especially... the cost is sky high but so are the properties.

Sick ! Seriously cool stuff !! ;)

I am dreaming of having something like that !! :cool:
:D Thanks!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!!!!! Daniel,that grind is sooooooooo ILL!!!! How did you get that finish? It is so clean!

Thanks! That grind took me many knives to get right so that means a lot to hear! These long ones get tricky. That's the bling blast, I use garnet media. I had it at 400 grit first and it was cool that way too, just shows scratches easier. I'm debating on the final finish. I may stonewash as it is a cool look... brings back the 400 grit finish in some ways for neat effect. Maybe heat color!

Thanks!!!!

Those grinds are niiiice ;] keep it up!
Much appreciated! :cool:

Pretty snazzy little sticker ya got there Daniel!

Personally, I'm not crazy about the tip profile on the spine side, have you ever tried taking the spine grind all the way off the tip? Your tanto geometry for the tip will retain the extra mass and strength your after, but I think the extended grind will help balance. Super clean grinds though! Well executed :thumbup:

-X

What I Love about the traditional Japanese blade is that everything was done for a reason(s). The same applies to the Japanese handle(s).

how much would one of these run? could you make one with 1095? great job what a beaut.

Great looking blade Dan! Agree that is some of the best grind work I've seen. Love it.

Back