BIG TIME COUPON CODE! *EXPIRED*

I don't think it needs to be stated that it's poor practice to even have a system that allows runaway use of codes Benchmade hasn't "authorized". Benchmade should be using random, one time use coupon codes if they're going to give out discounts like this.

Reactions: JAB
Yup. What the email basically states is “We’re not arguing the discount code was a mistake, just that you can’t have it.” after the fact. They don’t feel they should honor the orders, fine, whatever, but this mess is totally on them.

I heard about the code from a friend and tried to order the 940 I have wanted a for a long time. Naturally it was canceled. Can't get mad at them for not wanting to loose that much profit. I haven't checked my account yet to see if they charged me though. Most of their prices are absurd and I wont get a Benchmade without a discount. Looks like I have to keep waiting for a good deal on a 940.

Last edited:
Yeah the coupon would have been an amazing deal. I would definitely pay more than the coupon discounted the knives down to, but nowhere near what they currently sell for.

If Benchmade were to honor this code they would essentially be undercutting everyone of their dealers. Not something any manufacturer wants to do.

I'm not sure I get this. They made the code intending to honor it, and the amount of the code's discount wasn't a mistake.

Directly from the Benchmade website: "Discount codes given for use at Benchmade.com are non-transferrable and not for resale." (https://www.benchmade.com/policies)

I'm guessing that this code was meant for one person or group, and someone spread it further than it should. That means it's directly violates a written policy on their website, and as a private company, they can cancel any orders they want to.

Directly from the Benchmade website: "Discount codes given for use at Benchmade.com are non-transferrable and not for resale." (https://www.benchmade.com/policies)

I'm guessing that this code was meant for one person or group, and someone spread it further than it should. That means it's directly violates a written policy on their website, and as a private company, they can cancel any orders they want to.

But everyone thinks it should apply to them. Sorry, but it doesn't. A mistake happened, you didn't get a knife for 60% off. First world problems.

They definitely have the right to cancel orders. However some people called in to verify and were told the orders would be honored. It does show what a huge markup there is on the knives though. Also I still have charges pending even though my orders were cancelled :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I get this. They made the code intending to honor it, and the amount of the code's discount wasn't a mistake.

It was a code for a very specific purpose for a very few people they felt they owed something to based on direct interations they had already with them, not the general public. More of an insiders deal so not really involving or taking away from their dealers.

Ok now they are just rubbing it in. I just got a "Thank you for your order it means so much to us" email from Benchmade. Come on guys.

I said it before, Ill say it again. You cant blame them for wanting to keep all that profit. But you also cant blame people who are pissed that they didn't honor the sale.

If you ran a business and someone provided everyone with an employee code and you were going to lose a bunch of money would you honor it? Seems like a simple answer ...
Exactly, and during an economic crisis on top of that. It is unethical to take advantage of something like this that is an obvious error on their part, and to insist they have to honor it because of technicalities is absurd and simply points to a moral deficit.

If people are getting upset that their passive attempt to scam an American company based on an obvious error/loophole failed, they should simply open the newspaper and find very serious and pressing issues that actually warrant outrage.

I read somewhere this was intended for industry insiders like retailer/shop employees so they can experience the product and speak to the knives authoritatively.

If you ran a business and someone provided everyone with an employee code and you were going to lose a bunch of money would you honor it? Seems like a simple answer ...
Why not make unique codes? That's what a lot of other companies do.

Ok now they are just rubbing it in. I just got a "Thank you for your order it means so much to us" email from Benchmade. Come on guys.

I said it before, Ill say it again. You cant blame them for wanting to keep all that profit. But you also cant blame people who are pissed that they didn't honor the sale.
Just got the same email. Love the big picture that says, "We'll never let you down"

Back