BigCountry SWSK

It is my design, feel free to use the idea. Thanks!

I got the metal loop at Ace hardware, by the way.

The leather loop is beveled, cemented and sewn over twice.

Weldwood Contact Cement from the hardware store is our bond of choice for leather before the double stitching. The leather will rip before the cement will give. Compared to Barge Cement which mostt recommend it is way stronger.

Thanks, that is just great to hear! I am spending more time with each knife and I'm glad it shows.

I'll be satisfied with my work when Benchmade calls me, until then I'm going to work all day, every day on my knives. When I get signed I'll take a half day off each week! :eek: :D

Dan's waiting to be called up to the SHOW!
You're going to need an agent to get you the big bucks & perks.

Can you say.......SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

Personally,I hope it never happens,I like my knives hand made.

And good info on the loop & the cement,thanks.

Let me just say I am amazed by this knife sheath combo!!! I took it out last week and built a lean to with it and made fuzz sticks and it worked perfect!!! I wish I could get it across how fantastic this sheath is!! With the loop it is never in the way,even when sitting in my Jeep!!My next project for Daniel will be a bushcrafter with a convex edge that I can piggyback the sheath onto my SWSK.The retention on the sheath is perfect.

Let me just say I am amazed by this knife sheath combo!!! I took it out last week and built a lean to with it and made fuzz sticks and it worked perfect!!! I wish I could get it across how fantastic this sheath is!! With the loop it is never in the way,even when sitting in my Jeep!!My next project for Daniel will be a bushcrafter with a convex edge that I can piggyback the sheath onto my SWSK.The retention on the sheath is perfect.

That is great to hear!!!

Sounds very good on the sheath too, I am happy it works well. I like the way ringed sheaths work, I didn't know much about them until recently and now think they are excellent.

I'll come up with the money somehow for the limited edition Mcam BigCountry Bushcraft knife:D
Just a hunch, but I don't think a 4" blade will cut it on this model:eek:

Wow lets do it!!!!Daniel we would have to have you up here too.Goobie you know me MCAM bushcrafters oh hell yea!!!!

Sounds like 3 so far:cool:, and a certain knifemaker with a bunch more work to do!!;) We better get this figured out so he knows when blades need to be done.....and how many:D

Sounds like 3 so far:cool:, and a certain knifemaker with a bunch more work to do!!;) We better get this figured out so he knows when blades need to be done.....and how many:D

I'd be there if I could! I need a plane! :D lol

I will be making more Bushcrafters by the way, it's on!

Well men I am all for a Midwest get together!for me anytime after the middle of August due to having to take care of a family member.Now you all are talking limited edition MCAM bigcountry bushcrafters, You guy's have me turning beat red.I tell my wife I meet better people on this forum than most people I have ever met!You guy's are great.Daniel my best friend is driving out to Colorado this fall to hunt elk.I should have him bring you back...lol

Sounds like after elk season we "borrow" Daniel for a long weekend in the UP:D

Late August/early September is probably doable for me!! A bit of playin in the woods before WI bowhunting starts sounds good to me.

MCAM LE Bushcrafters with red liners (to match your complexion BC) are sounding good!!:cool:

Wisconsin bowhunting sounds like a winner.Them bushies would be put through some real world test.Cut up some whitetails!!!! MMMMM I can not wait for some fresh back straps!!! My wife always cuts out the inner loins and cooks them with eggs the next morning for my breakfast!I am going to use my SWSK to completely process all of my kills this fall with it.I always put a paracord loop on my big knives.I reach through the loop and grab my knife near the tip and use it chocked up like that to gut my deer.I am looking forward to deer season.I love the fall to be in the woods.No bugs to deal with.If I have any tags left come gun season I am going to stalk deer with my 454 hand cannon.

Stalking deer with a hand cannon!! That's my kind of hunting, have to see if my 45LC can keep up with your 454! I used to do more northern WI public land hunting, still hunting all the way. That's something I need to make some time for, especially with hunting age kids now. Whole lot more fun than hanging out in a blind, while enjoyable it's just not the same experience.

Great idea BC, I never thought of using a lanyard to make a big knife "smaller" for gutting deer. Have to give it a try this fall.

Goobie Northern Wisconsin is some beautiful country!!! I am going to be over by northern Wisconsin on Wednesday and Thursday. I have to go to the VA hospital in Iron Mountain for my spinal injections at the pain clinic.That whole area over that way is beautiful!I need to start going over to the western U.P. to do some deer hunting.Menominee County has over 100 deer per square mile.Would be able to put my SWSK to good use over there!

Back