Bk-7

I was thinking of purchasing a BK-7. The only thing that is holding me back is that I have never owned a Becker knife and no one that I know does either. I know that this is the Becker Knife & Tool forum area, but I was hoping for some honest answers about owning a Becker (edge retention, toughness, reliability, etc.).

Thank you for your time.

I've got a couple of the larger BK's. I've chopped, cut, and batonned/split a whole bunch of stuff with them. They are fine knives. When they dulled a little, I sharpened them, just like any other knife. In a perfect world the handles would be a touch smaller, but then they wouldn't fit for folks with larger hands and it's not like they are so large as to be problematic. I prefer khukri style blades, but I'm not planning to sell my Beckers.

What do you plan to do with the knife?

well, y'all should read the many post here with BK7 in the title, and have a gander at what people have already done with them and honestly reported. that says it all

Bladite

Beckers can't be beat! They are a good, strong, durable, reliable knife that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get...But be ready, as the first is just that, first of many more Beckers in your collection! ;) The BK-7 is a great place to start, then you can get larger or smaller depending upon your needs and whims! :) Good luck!

Theyre excellent value knives. Solid, robust and tough as nails. You're sure to find one to your liking in their lineup, and the BK7 is a great place to start.

Flip through the pages here at Bladeforums and you'll see thread after thread on how they hold up to reallife use.

Last edited:
Beckers can't be beat! They are a good, strong, durable, reliable knife that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get...But be ready, as the first is just that, first of many more Beckers in your collection! ;) The BK-7 is a great place to start, then you can get larger or smaller depending upon your needs and whims! :) Good luck!

That is 110% correct:thumbup:

It's one of my truck tools.It's used mostly for cutting brush.Great value ,tough, holds an edge well and easy to sharpen.

Hey Jocawalk.....

I hope that your new Beckers live up to the expectations that the forumites have created and that you will find the time to share your experiences after you have given them a good workout....

Thanks for buying Becker.......

All Best....

ethan

PS.... Many thanks to...Kfranz, Bladite, Plainsman, Jake, Kmm, William and Mete....for the kind words.... for the kind words.............
eb

Just order the BK-7 and Becker Necker.

Good move. The BK7 is one of my all time favorite FBs. It's a great value for the $. The only improvement might be switching out the BK7 scales for micarta ones. It's a worthwhile upgrade, but try it the way it is first...you may not think the original scales are that bad.

- Mark

Thanks Mark. I am actually considering the micarta scales. I haven't researched it too heavily, but on some of the threads it seems that the scales/nuts and bolts were difficult to take off. Don't know, might just give it a try anyway.

Hey Jocawalk.....

The fastener friction fit on the Micarta scales is deliberate......No need to chase little easy to get lost things all over the shop or forest floor......

All Best....

ethan

Thanks Mark. I am actually considering the micarta scales. I haven't researched it too heavily, but on some of the threads it seems that the scales/nuts and bolts were difficult to take off. Don't know, might just give it a try anyway.

I know it's a sample size of one ;) but putting the new scales on my knife took all of 2 minutes. And that's for a mechanical klutz like me, so it's not really too tough.

- Mark

Also, I think I will take you advice Mark and see how the factory ones are before I make my decision.

It took me about ten minutes to put my micarta scales on my 7. I just tapped the nuts back into the handle recesses with a phillips screwdriver and a tap from my hammer and they stayed in and I just screwed the bolts and they caught the threads on the nuts. The scales make it like a whole different knife.

It took me about ten minutes to put my micarta scales on my 7. I just tapped the nuts back into the handle recesses with a phillips screwdriver and a tap from my hammer and they stayed in and I just screwed the bolts and they caught the threads on the nuts. The scales make it like a whole different knife.

i've seen some people use a TacTool for that job ;)

Bladite

Back