BK&T Models and release dates

Will the Patrol Machete and Machax make a comeback?

I am wanting these and something larger ( blade) than the 9. I think Becker used to have a very large knife at one time ?How about it Ethan ? Something large ? Release dates. looks like you have quite a group gong here- KUDOS on that !! Happy Holidays

I am wanting these and something larger ( blade) than the 9. I think Becker used to have a very large knife at one time ?How about it Ethan ? Something large ? Release dates. looks like you have quite a group gong here- KUDOS on that !! Happy Holidays

An honest-to-goodness 12" Clip-Point Bowie would rock.

I'd love to see a 4" scandi ground bushcraft knife with a shallower blade and smaller handle. A no nonsense, Ethan engineered workhorse for smaller non-chopping jobs. Something to pair up with the BK9.

Hey Gunnie and Mark.....

The BK1 and PATROL MACHETE are not currently under consideration for re-release.....The BK1 because it did not sell and the PATROL MACHETE because currently KaBar does not own a grinder with a long enough throw to do the PATROL MACHETE...
There are almost no knives made that long ground the way they should be, because of a lack of long throw grinders in the states......Please check in after SHOT SHOW in late January about MACHAX news.....Thanks for your interestin my babies...

All Best...

ethan

Hey Gunnie and Mark....

Jake is right about the BK1 not selling....The KaBar guys and I will be sitting down at SHOT Show and discuss the possibilities for a MACHAX redux.....It will be changed to reflect the lessons I have learned over the last 25 or so years about knife design....the PATROL MACHETE's future return is hampered by a lack of long throw flat grinders so at some point I hope to be bringing out something in size that will be between the MACHAX and the PATROL MACHETE......Please bear in mind that I can design stuff for KaBar to build much faster than their budget can build them.....There is a staggering amount of capital involved in bringing out a new blade....Thanks for your interest guys and please keep in touch......

All Best...

ethan

Back