BK15 Alternative

A limited edition of BK15s with a polished blade, fancy-schmancy handles and a nice leather sheath would fetch a premium and maybe sell ... even better than the Plain Jane model that got discontinued.

In fact, while I'm on this coffee induced epiphany, maybe BK&T could come out with a "Premium Line" or "Collectors Grade" series along the lines of what I mentioned above in regards to the BK15. They could be serial numbered, Ethan could have his autograph affixed, special box - the works!

E, if this idea gets legs, I get a royalty!

It's amazing how scarce the 15 is on the various selling sights. You hardly ever see them. I've been wanting to pick up a second one but guessing that's gonna take a while.

For all the "They didnt sell well" they sure sold out fast, and very few people are giving theirs up once they have one or 5

For all the "They didnt sell well" they sure sold out fast, and very few people are giving theirs up once they have one or 5

I think it is one of those designs where you either really like it, or really don't like it. Personally I didn't like the design for quite a while, then one day it just "clicked" and I loved it. I have a 5 and a 15 and they are my favorites. My 15 is the most used knife I own.

The bk15 is the onIy Becker I purposely bought a spare of so that I could use the snot out of mine.

I have a spare bk5 as well but that is from the bk20 bundle.

Sadly trailing points are not all that common anymore. The Southfork does have a similar shape but it is a very different knife and purpose built for processing large game. I would just watch the exchange and ebay until you pick one up.

Maybe our own Becker aficionado and knife maker in his own right James Terrio could negotiate the rights to allow him to homage the BK15 - even making it polished and fancy.

BTW Terrio, if you put a deal together ... I get a vig! ;)

Sadly trailing points are not all that common anymore. The Southfork does have a similar shape but it is a very different knife and purpose built for processing large game. I would just watch the exchange and ebay until you pick one up.

Yep. So close, yet so far apart... :confused:

2me3hfs.jpg

I bought 3 15's on closeout, but went temporarily insane and gifted 2 of them to my brothers. Been trying get one of them back in trade ever since lol. They both like them too much though, can't say I blame them. :thumbup:

I like the limited edition idea. Wouldn't even need to be that fancy, nekkid and micarta, bring it on!

The bk15 is the onIy Becker I purposely bought a spare of so that I could use the snot out of mine.

I have a spare bk5 as well but that is from the bk20 bundle.

29461069660_5bb4ae246c_c.jpg

The 15 is the only Becker I have 3 of (not including the ones that don't count for multiples: 11, 13 & 14) and I would buy a 4th (& a 5th - so I could gift at least one) if I found one for a reasonable price. NOne of them are spares - it's too great of a knife not to be used. I will say, though, that mine have all been treated to relatively thick rubber (or rubber-like) liners. I have somewhat smaller than average sized hands - but tweener handles are so much more comfortable for me with an extra few millimeters girth (giggity). Anywho - and I mean this sincerely, OP - I hope that you are fortunate enough to find one.

You could always get a Hunt, trailing point Magua

I fully expect to be fondling that knife next weekend, given that I'm bringing the Gold Knifeworks Mariner (Gold/Haltom designed) for you to fondle.

28589943793_e93052827b_c.jpg

Back