Bk9 vs Junglas 2 what to get

I would take a broken 9 over a Junglas !!! I've had a few Junglas, but never could get used to the huge handle, now if it had the 6HM handle on it I might reconsider it.

sMaEpjX.jpg

I would take a broken 9 over a Junglas !!! I've had a few Junglas, but never could get used to the huge handle, now if it had the 6HM handle on it I might reconsider it.

It is a big handle but lots of room to move around on it. The 9 is a better all around knife the Junglas is a short heavy machete

I love my BK9, but can't speak to the Junglas. I can say that it's been a worthy companion on many a camping trip and backpacking excursion. Never once has it let me down.

Thanks a sweet setup GeofS!

Although I have no first-hand knowledge of the Junglas; I highly recommend the Becker BK-9. It was the first Ka-Bar BK&T I ever bought and the first time I held it in my hand I knew there was something special about it. Kinda like when you meet that once-in-a-lifetime girl where the chemistry is electric, the two of you blend together in personality and thought forming a better version of each one and there's just some esoteric "knowing" that this is "The One"... yeah the BK-9 was something like that- only in steel! ;)
It seems to possess some supernatural quality that bestows it with a transcendent equalibrium. I think it's the handle design and form, in some way it simply "fits" providing a confident and comfortable purchase in hand- it just feels good ("fits like a glove" is the most often mentioned description expressed by a host of reviewers.) No, no I think it's the blade. Yes. The blade. That 1095 Cro-van steel is AMAZING! Strong and tough and takes a remarkable edge! It's just the right weight, length and thickness and has the perfect grind geometry that optimizes it for varied applications, and just plain looks sexy! On second thought... it IS the handle that makes it feel so right. But that freakin' blade, man it is SOMETHING ELSE too! Bro, IDK what it is or how to quantify it but this BK-9 I speak of isn't called "The King" around here for nothin. It truly does look and feel and moves like it's imbued with an ethereal charm- as if it was deposited here by Conan the barbarian after a time warp through the 23rd century or something.
Just buy it already! :D

I owned both for a while and ended up selling the Junglas. My stripped and well used BK9 will last a lifetime! Like people have said before it is a perfect balance of weight, size, and chopping ability.

Back