Black Talon II arrived today. Quick review..

Except one waves, and the other doesn't.
i prefer a non waved knife, so for me the civilian has the advantage in that area. i have waved knives and sometimes the wave fails for me, and the last thing i want on a knife carried stricly for self defense is a knife not opening when i need it to. i feel the thumbhole gives me more control than waving it open would.

Besides, one stab or slice ends the life or death fight like only 0.000000000000000000001% of the time.

lets be real here, you slash someone with either one of these knives, they are most likely not going to continue fighting. these arent your typical garbage knives and screw drivers that people usually get killed by. i just dont see how someone is going to continue coming after you when all his intestines just fell out of his body, even if you catch them on then arms and legs the wound is going to be horrific.

also i think the regular non waved spyderco matriarch 2 is a great competitor as well. its much cheaper than both the civilian and the talon, and it comes in a smaller package. it has the same reliable handle and back lock as the spyderco endura 4, but with a reverse S blade and a shorter but stronger tip than the civilian. this knife is also very sleek and easy to carry and deploy in my opinion, and there is a waved version too if people want that.

Back