BLADE SHOW ’07 – Show us what you got; Please!

Lin Rhea will have this beautiful bowie at the Blade Show this weekend. Specs are: 8" blade of 1084....Fittings all SS....Blackwood handle.....He will be at table 23 P..........Thanks for looking.

533595835_1cb7bcfb78_b.jpg

Beautiful Lin.
Love the handle contour and guard / furrule treatment. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Is it Walnut?

Well, here are the 5 of them. I was desperately trying to finish an integral for Coop to be one of the 5, but I had some problems with it that need more time than I have right now.

I know I'm excited... but I'm too tired to feel it right now! Hopefully I can sleep a little on that 5 frigg'n hour flight tomorrow! :D

See you folks in Hotlanta at table 26R and the pit!!!:D :thumbup:

standard.jpg

Well, here are the 5 of them. I was desperately trying to finish an integral for Coop to be one of the 5, but I had some problems with it that need more time than I have right now.

I know I'm excited... but I'm too tired to feel it right now! Hopefully I can sleep a little on that 5 frigg'n hour flight tomorrow! :D

standard.jpg

You are a mortal lock to get your stamp, my man!!!! Great looking knives:thumbup: :D

Very impressive line-up Nick. 5 test knives and 4 of 'em bowies - gotta love that!

Roger

Looking great Nick! :thumbup: I'll try to be there in support, but it looks like you'll make it fine. :) Lin

Very impressive line-up Nick. 5 test knives and 4 of 'em bowies - gotta love that!

Roger

Well, you have to have at least one small blade to take the scalp with after the duel so that mix is about right:D

So......speaking of Blade, wh will be where tommorow night and doing what? Anyone going to be in the Pit?

Everyone will be in the pit, me included from 6 pm on :)
Excellent. I land at about 4 something, so it willprobably take me until 6 to slog my way up 285. I am staying at the Sheraton. Do they still allow smoking in the pit or has it gone NS like the whole Marriott chain?

OK, here are my last minute photos as I’m running out the door. Me and Nick both, it looks like…

The first one is a bolo-style camp knife. Clay hardened W-2 and blackwood.

The second is a stag bowie with clay hardened W-2, Damascus fittings and popcorn stag.

The last one is an all Damascus piece. Full-tang blade is 6-bar twisted “W”, Damascus bolsters, vine fileworked liners, mammoth ivory and lots of little domed pins.

See ya’ll there (that’s for you, Nick)

Attachments

• camp19-small.jpg
    camp19-small.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 85
  • bowie019-small.jpg
    bowie019-small.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 85
  • dambowie-009-small.jpg
    dambowie-009-small.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 88
Burt,

Those are great pieces. The Bolo camp looks like it could be the chosen knife of Indianna Jones - good both to clear brush and hostiles...

The ivory / damascus has a lovely S shape which I am very partial to. One of the most elegant knife ever made was the Mughal Khanjar, and it has that shape (though is smaller).

standard.jpg

All nice but that little hunter is sweet!

Damn, I can't remember ever seeing 4 nicer bowies together in one picture! They don't get any better than that.

Just to cross-reference, it is the big fighter bowie at top left (reposted several times in this thread) that won Nick the coveted Peck award. Mr. Gill is doubly pleased.

Jason Knight picked up the Hughes award for his dagger. Hopefully showgoers will be able to provide pics in due course.

Roger

Back