BLADE SHOW ’07 – Show us what you got; Please!

Thank you for all the nice comments. I hope that anyone at the show will stop by and say hello.

Kevin, your comment about my being able to fit into other areas other than my "Rustic" look is much appriciated.

I'll post a few more as Karen gets the sheaths finished.

Daniel

Daniel those knives are outstanding and I agree with Kevin 100%. Keep up the great work!

Kevin, your comment about my being able to fit into other areas other than my "Rustic" look is much appriciated.

Daniel

No frappin' doubt, Daniel!!!

The C/S(?) guard is about the nicest example that I have EVER seen, including antiques. What a great job, and I am not even fond of that style!

If I thought that I could afford it, I would want it!!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Daniel,
Those are some absolutely beautiful knives! I would like to examine them a little at the show. :thumbup: Lin

Here are a couple new folders for blade. I figure that this is the last weekend before the show and before everyone starts to get ready to leave so why not post them.

Art Deco folder. Rados ladder patern damascus blade, carved in a step pattern. 416SS and ladder pattern damascus bolsters with blacklip pearl scales. The scales have also been carved in the same pattern as the bolsters. The bolsters have had the damascus material stepped in both height wise and lengthwise. I have also stepped the backbar and thumbstud in an art deco pattern.

Swinguard folder. The blade is forged to shape Daryl Meier Turkish twist damascus. Devin Thomas ladder pattern damascus swinguards and my own radial pattern mosaic damascus bolsters. The scales are antique elephant ivory.

More pics will be available later this weekend on my website.
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

Here are more views of Mike's Sea Shell Guard Bowie.....

Thanks for looking.

Chuck

526257213_8ba39ed6b2_b.jpg

WOW :eek:

I thought it looked great yesterday. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chuck you just supported the point of how important it is for makers and collectors to have their knives professional photographed as this Bowie looked very good in Mike's good photo yesterday.

But now you have taken it to a higher level as to members viewing it on this forum.

In addition, that's one heck of a successful execution of a frame handle.

I will shut-up now and go back to enjoy the Bowie and Photo more. ;) :D

I have never been a fan of visible temperlines in Damascus, BUT Mike Ruth has just done the best one that I have ever seen. It actually enhances the superb ladder pattern! Really terrific MIKE! :thumbup:

I'll use Kevin's prudent point about pro photography as a segway to my horrible pic. I'm not apologizing, rather proving Kevin's point ;)

I'm still tweaking my other test knives, or I'd spend more than 10 seconds on a picture of this. I'll get it done by somebody who knows what he's doing in Atlanta :D

This is Peter's fighter aka one of my Js test knives, 10.25" blade of clay hardened and polished W1, 416 guard, and stabilized Maidou (My-Doo) burl

See you guys in Atlanta! :D

standard.jpg

Wow, nice Nick. Love the blade profile, hamon.
The handle looks as if you would not want to put it down. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Peter, you are getting some great steel at Atlanta.
You are going to have to dig that coffee can up out of the backyard.

Here are 2 more I'll be taking to the Blade Show.

Daniel Winkler

This Damascus Hunter has a Sheep Horn handle. The Blade is 4 1/4" and is about 8 1/8" overall.
sheep-hunter.jpg

Gun Barrel Pipe Tomahawk with Curly Maple. Head 7 3/4" , Handle 18 1/2".
pipe-tomahawk.jpg

Very nice Daniel. A while back my wife and I were checking out your website...she likes your work as well. I guess that means she may let me order one of your knives. Oh, a few months back I asked if she wanted to go to the Hammer-in (Spring, Old Washington), she asks me "is Daniel Winkler going to be there:confused:? "

Back