BLADE SHOW ’07 – Show us what you got; Please!

Here's another of Lin's knives for Blade. It's his second Generation Competition/Camp knife. A beauty and a serious cutter for sure. A very nice touch with the cocobolo handle.
Great photo Chuck. Excellent use of props.

513986977_e16ff285a0_o.jpg

Who among us are planning on being at the Show?

When will be a good time for the BF clan to get together?

I plan to be there Kevin......Intend to do a LOT of visiting and not much work..... :)

Oh BTW, thanks for the kind words....

Chuck

I shall be bringing knives worth Millions of $$
between cloth bound covers and dust jackets........... :)

See you at our table, N-10.

David (ddd)

picture.JPG

Chuck, looking forward to seeing you and meeting others that converse here on a daily basics.

David, also looking forward to getting your new book. Have to hand it to you though; you sure haven’t missed ANY opportunities to promote it here on this forum :eek: ;)

You are right Kevin, but believe it or not, I myself am still so amazed
with what I did over the past 4 years that I feel anybody interested in
this art should get the chance to at least have a look at them...

With me it still is a habit to pick up one of these volumes, page through it
slowly, then close my eyes and wonder between me and myself "Is this
true or am I just dreaming...".

I do apologise if it seem like I am overdoing it!
I shall therefore stop here and now.

David (ddd)

You are right Kevin, but believe it or not, I myself am still so amazed
with what I did over the past 4 years that I feel anybody interested in
this art should get the chance to at least have a look at them...

With me it still is a habit to pick up one of these volumes, page through it
slowly, then close my eyes and wonder between me and myself "Is this
true or am I just dreaming...".

I do apologise if it seem like I am overdoing it!
I shall therefore stop here and now.

David (ddd)

No need to apologize. As you are an artist and a businessman and obviously very good at both.

"at least have a look at them" That's what great about them David, most books get a glance over or a read then put on the shelf. I have about worn the bindings out, looking at them over and over.

So again, no need to apologize and thanks for promoting custom knives.

Joe, I enjoyed your visit yesterday. You'll have to stop by when this bad boy is finished and handle it before Peter gets it :D And Lin, I look forward to a visit at the big show.

I stopped by, handled Peter's bowie, and it is outstanding. If you get a chance at Blade, check this one out! Great knife, Don. Congratulations, Peter.

- Joe

ignore this post.. computer problems sorry for the following posts like this.

hansonforum.jpg

This is a new Hanson folder for the blade show. I was able to work with him on something of my own taste and this is what we came up with. hope you enjoy. Don, if you're there..I want to thank you again for the hard work you put in to create this last minute peice. I think its gorgeous and worth posting. Cant wait to see it in person.

I must say hello to everybody on this forum. Im a 24 year old collector and possibly just as obsessed with these things as you guys.. Id love to learn more and be more involved. Ive been into this for over ten years so if im a 'newbie', hope no one minds. =)

I screwed up the previous posts but wont do it again.

Jonathan, first of all welcome to BladeForums. And second, don't worry about the multiple-post as scrolling past is just a small inconvience in exchange for the pleasure in viewing such a masterpiece. ;) :D

Each time I think Don has come up with the most gorgeous piece of ivory in existence he just follows up with another. I'm convinced Don is making this stuff in his basement. ;)

I'm sure the fit and finish is near perfect as I have never inspected a Hanson piece where it wasn't.

The simplistic traditional design complements the dynamic contrast of the Damascus patterns and the extraordinary ivory to create a piece that IMO will be among the most beautiful folders at blade. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep Don, with this piece and “THE BOWIE” your table will be dressed quite nicely for blade.

Thanks Joe & Kevin.

Welcome to the forums Jon, good to have you here and a pleasure working with you. It's great to see someone of your age so focused on the fine art of custom knives :thumbup:

This is one knife that REALLY needs Coop's photography skills. Mine being poor and somehow in the transaction of posting them here, they lost a bit of clarity.

See ya'll soon.

Shawn McIntyre, JS sent me images of some of the knives that he is bringing to the Blade Show. :thumbup: As usual it is a great assortment with spectacular handle materials and superb fit and finish. Shawn will be testing for his MS Stamp next year, but I suspect that any of these examples would be passed by the harshest critic.

Shawn can be reached at: macpower@netspace.net.au

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

OOh I really like that guardless upswept blade stag handle by Shawn. Do you know if the bolster is integral?

Back