BLADE SHOW ’07 – Show us what you got; Please!

Don brought the 19" blade into town to show my dad and me before going over to Anders for the awesome handle work. This picture of Don and my dad puts a 19" blade into perspective! :eek:

DadandDon.jpg

- Joe

I "roughed up" (read "pleaded with") DH3 and managed to extort a better image of his MS test Bowie.

He also sent me some images of his other test knives. The Dagger is outrageous, imho.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

IMHO, is the best looking fixed blade Don ever crafted(all it needs is a fighter guard:D )

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Nick Wheeler's Maidou Burl Fighter/Bowie JS Test Knife

I realize that we are only looking at a brownpaper drawing and a raw blade...
...but this design is as sweet as they come, imho. ;)

orig.jpg

Hey folks-

Yep, I'm testing for Js in a couple weeks.

As my usual story, I'm still wrapping up the details on them with only a couple weeks to go! :eek: It would have helped if I had known for sure that I could go this year with more than two months to get everything ready. Luckily I had a couple of them already started.

I'd post pics but my camera isn't working right now. Hopefully I can talk my dad into letting me use his again.

Thanks for the interest, I sure do appreciate it! :)

Please stop by 26-R if you get a chance. My test knives are without a doubt 5 of my best knives to date.

I like that Hanson bowie with the red mammoth ivory handles about as much as any knife I have seen.

Nick, you're a shoo-in to get your JS stamp.

I agree that Don Hanson is a shoe in and has been making MS quality knives for years. Maybe one day I can add one to my collection..........

Thanks folks! This MS thing is stressful but it'll be over soon :)

STeven :thumbup:

Nick, I look forward to finally meeting you also.

Great photo of your Dad, Joe :thumbup:

Most enjoyable eye-candy.

Don - that sword - I am speachless. :eek: Peter's bowie is also several kinds of awesome.

Nick - knock 'em dead buddy! That fighter looks super-slick.

Roger

Dang, I oh so hope my truck holds up... As I plan on making it to my first Blade show :eek: for at least one day if all works out... Driving to NC and swing by Atlanta on the way home... Well, I may have to stop and sell a kidney on the way to pay for the trip, but what the heck, the opportunity is there!!! :D
If I do make it, I'm really looking forward to seeing some of you folks, and Nick, I'll definitely swing by your table!!!!:thumbup: :D

Don and Nick - good luck.
(Nick if you want to mail them to me - go ahead).

Don ,those look incredible.

P.S. That is the first slip-joint I have seen as a M.S. test knife. ;).

Back