Blade Show...who's going!?

Yep I hope rthat my daughter and I will be able to join you guys on saturday but I doubt that my son will be able to make it. Thanks for all the information and the invite.

Y'all are absolutely required to take lots of pics while y'all are at Blade for us old and young folks who can't make it for whatever reason!!!!:thumbup:
And besides many pics of the gang that hangs out here how about some pics of the knifemakers table's y'all check out, if permitted? :thumbup: :cool: :D

Your right we do need lots of photos and this year I think there will be a lot more photos. I plan to take my camera this year...I got a heavy duty one that just might be able to stand the shock of snaping those mugs:rolleyes:

Yvsa, any table in particular you'd like to see? I've yet to have a tableholder say no to photographs.
Tho I did have one maker wonder what I was up to. I was rushing around at the end of the show taking pics of just about everything.
I just had to explain that I had forgot to get pics for a friend that couldn't make it to the show.
I'll be clearing out my memory chip and stocking up on batteries before I go.

I finally figured out how to use photo-bucket. that'll help.:)

Yvsa, any table in particular you'd like to see? I've yet to have a tableholder say no to photographs.

I'll be clearing out my memory chip and stocking up on batteries before I go.

I finally figured out how to use photo-bucket. that'll help.:)

Shappa any knifemaker that has knives of a different caliber so to speak. One thing I've found at dedicated knife shows is that most all tend to be very similar so that one can hardly tell one table from another.
But then some that are similar are a cut above their fellows on an adjoining table.;) :D
No pun intended.:foot:

Shappa, pretty funny you remember the knives I bought and spaced on my name...!

I'll be there this year too! And I'd gladly not buy a small knife for the opportunity to eat at Fogo's again, with a gathering of genuine folks such as yourselves.

Anyone else need a roommate? I'm planning on coming in Thursday evening, leave late on sunday.

Dan, any passes left??

Looking forward to seeing you all again. And the knives of course.

~ Ken

Fogo was delicious. And, if I can time it right and not miss my sister's graduation, I'll be there.

Bamboo,
I take my memory lapse as a sign of a true knife nut.:D

I'm glad you'll be able to join us. I'll add you to the list.

Voodoo, I hope you can make it for dinner. I'll put you down as a possible. Let me know as soon as you can.

Dan, yeah, I'd love a pass if you have one.

Shappa, your knife nut status was never in question with me. You know I've carried that Arno Bernard I picked up last year almost every day since. I love that knife. I'm probably going to pass it on to a good friend, and look to pick up its replacement this year. I'm hooked on his knives.

Azis... what can I say? You, Fogo's, Knives....? Can a man not show up?

~ B

One for Bamboo.

One for Voodoo.

All passes taken! :thumbup:

Guys...I made a mistake on the dates I posted earlier. The show is June 8-10. I've corrected the post. Hopefully that doesn't cause anybody any grief...!!

Hey who was that guy that came to dinner with us and had a roll of folders he had made???? What was his name??? Oh, and I will be bringing a guest, I think, if that matters for the reservation.

That was Brian Fellhoelter. A super nice guy and a heck of a knifemaker.
The knives you saw then are when he'd been making knives for less than one year.:eek:
He's improved since then and has made an auto and a great looking bali-song. Go to his web site and check 'em out.

I'll add one to the reservation list.

We still need to decide on where we are going. Fogo de Chao or Ray's by the river.
My vote is for fogo's. I'm a meat guy. :p

Voodoo, let me know if you'll be able to make it for dinner.

Spector/John is enroute stateside!

I'm in for either...

Just FYI....Ray's is also a "meat" place...most of their dishes are served "a la carte" (no sides, etc.) Just the entree cooked in some very interesting ways!

But, like I said...either is good for me.

Back