Blade Storage/Display aka Bawanna's Blade Addiction.

Impressive all right! Im buggin out to your place if the world comes crumbling down! Im partial to that 03-A3 myself. Love the pistol grip C stock!

You mean the rifle under the SKS? That's a M1917 in either 30-06 or could be .303 Enfield.

Kind of cornfusing me but back in the earlier pictures under the SKS is indeed a M1917, it was my fathers. He had sporterized it but fortunately only messed with the wood, didn't change any metal. I found a original stock and put it back in it's original configuration. Stocks not great but it'll do. I was racing the clock trying to get it done so I could get a picture with him holding it prior to his passing from cancer. Didn't quite make it.
I also have my grandfathers M1917 that he hunted with and he gave to me which I hunted with as well. Really the only rifle I ever hunted with. It's sporterized with a scope and such so it remains pretty much the way he did it.
We do have a 303 Enfield but it weren't in the picture.

I mentioned 303 LE because Springfield made a run of M1917 rifles in 303 for the British military. I believe it was called the Pattern 1914 American Enfield or P14 rifle.

The rifle in the pic looks just like mine except mine was sporterized a bit more to accommodate my dads short arms and you have different scope. Your front grip looks longer than mine maybe stock length to keep all the metal in tact. I think your right Dirtbiker. I thought they made the pattern 14 for more than just the British military tho and it looks the same as the M1903 A3 to my untrained eye. Scope mounted i cant tell though. Pardon my ignorance and the only reason i know anything about the M1903 A3 is I inherited my dads and is a really cool rifle. Well my bro has it now and dropped it out of the attic and broke the stock clean in half. I have been looking for a replacement stock which i understand is called a "C" type stock (pistol grip) and can also be found as surplus. I don't know the first thing about bedding a new stock or even what to do with it but have been asking around at gun shops. Id love to pick your brain Bawanna about this weapon. I haven't figured out the PM or email being a "registered user" I don't know if that's even possible? Since this is Khuk talk I don't want to overstay my welcome talking specifics about firearms but you mentioned the use of Acraglas for repairing handles and now I see my rifle in your display case so i had to ask:thumbup:

I still don't entirely grasp the PM email thing here either. I think your right the Gold Member opened a few doors but I think I can only pm or email other Gold Members or above perhaps.
Let me look at something here.

Try checking your visitor message now and delete it after you see it. Might check your messages area too, I asked to be your friend and you stood me up. I think it's time for us to start seeing other people.

I did get your request. But i accepted it .then went back to try to message and was no pm links or anything? Ill look into it tomorrow as well. Dont know what happened there. Maybe my fat fingers hit a wrong button? Naw man were not ready to see other people yet! We got less than 500 dates! Our sirupatis havent even met!

Ok should be goldfinger....uh.member now
Gotta check my mail and stuff
Back to ya! Helps to read the destructions ndog.

Now you need to go in an click on paid membership and select Gold Member. Only way I know is Karda told me. I thought it would do it automatically but it don't. You still show as a Registered User. What did karda say.....Show your colors or something, it was kind of profound. Karda's one smart cookie.

If you left click on someone's name in a thread you should see a box with a number of options. Click on the one that says "send email" and the email form will come up. This is how I contact auntie for DOTD's all the time. The email will go to the email you have on file with Blade forums. You may nee to check your email filters if you're not getting emails.

PM's does seem to require higher than "registered member" status. I get a not authorized message when I click on the send private message link in the PM control screen.

Last edited:
The left click doesn't work unless your emailing a Gold Member or above. Not sure if Basic qualifies or not.

I just tried it on you and there is no email option. I clicked on myself and there is an email option so some sort of paid status is required.

AHA! there it is!
"After you've paid for your subscription REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR USERGROUP in the control panel by clicking on the Group Memberships link"
Thanks Bawanna! Thanks John
Think that did it.

WHooHooo! Gold N Dog now!! Yes I see email option on your name now Bawanna! Cool! My first grade report card: "Listens and Follows Intructions"- Needs improvement! Parent teacher meeting requested. :D. Some things never change!

Strange, now I can send you a PM but I don't see a send email option. Oh well that's some improvement and Gold Member looks good on you!

I guess we don't need to see other people now.

I need a DOD. I like em even when I can't buy em, I still like em.

Middle of the day, all the sharks are circling. I need my DOD.

hmm? same thing when i left click on my name. Might be a setting on my end. Ill check my preferences. I may have to check a box or something. Who's the guy that split his keyboard in half with his new Bonecutter? maybe that will work!
OK got it. Was a box i left unchecked.

Last edited:
Well since you ask I'll go take some right this minute. I'll be back in a bit. Perfect timing, I was taking the night off from sawdust, actually more accurately ivory dust which has been driving me nuts.
Have camera, will roll to the man cave. Stand by.

Here ya be.

Got a few stick mags for it which makes me very happy.

And a 1942 Army Colt gifted to me from the man that carried it in WWII, didn't know the man, an uncle of my building partner, heard I liked and appreciated guns so he gave it to me. Got it out of his duffel bag along with a mint M1 Carbine which he also gave me. Both hadn't been out of the bag since he returned from overseas. Both were still loaded. Amazing!

I guess sometimes I am the luckiest man alive even before I came here.

Nice....
3 of my favorites.
Not that i'll ever be able to own any of them. I don't have an FFL or the cash needed.
I did have an 03-A3 my dad bought surplus and sporterized himself similar looking to yours.
Unfortunately it was stolen along with 8 other rifles and shotguns, including my dads deerslayer.
I was left with 3 guns not kept with his collection. My great granddads win. Lever action 10ga, a double barrel 12ga shotgun and a nice .222... and his little llama pocket pistol. They eventually found the miscreants that stole them and they paid a meager restitution, but the guns have not been recovered.
Still bothers me sometimes, I and my dad had quite a few memories tied up in them.

Last edited:
Back