Blade Treasure for waynorth!

I share your view on the Blade Show Charlie. It ain't just for customs. I spend more than half of my time at the show looking thru the older knives. You took home some good 'uns!!
Greg

Sorry I didn't meet you there, Greg! But then- - - - - - - - - -more oldies for me!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Seriously, treasure is where you find it, and there were some good purveyors there.
Maybe we'll meet at the next one. Plenty for all of us!
Just to show you all I didn't get completely Bose-skunked, Tony was good enough to deliver these fantastic tools to me at the show. I had expressed interest way back when he made them, and he decided to sell them to this old punch-drunk knifer! The sheepfoot is the perfect leather knife. It allows a decent curve when you are cutting a pattern, and really excels when trimming layered construction. You can also strip lace, if you know how! Nice, but that punch is sheer genius!! Such good geometry, and so sharp it nearly falls into the leather. It will cut a perfectly symmetrical plug out of the piece, in a size of your choice. Cleanest hole I've ever seen a twist punch make!
Purty to boot!!
BoseHarnessSet.jpg

Been lookin' for one of these for a while. Got it on the last day of the show from a guy who had several collaboration knives.
CaseBoseMuskrat.jpg

This one just popped up in a guy's display case. I thought it was heavily cleaned, because it was so shiny, and he agreed, so sold it cheap. Then I started looking closer over the next day or so. The swedges are sharp; the front of the blade is crocus polished, and the back is glazed, just like the book says it should be. Darned if it ain't near mint!! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss! I did go back and spend some more money at his table though!
With it is a used example this one was to replace in the rag-tag Schrade collection I am building. But I see they are not quite the same.
Snap quiz!!! Why aren't they the same!!!
SchradeWaldenWhalers.jpg

Hint: Check the kick and spring. ;)

Awesome knives, Charlie. They couldn't have found a better home. (Even with puns as bad as "snap quiz". :p)

These two were pointed out to me by Mike Robuck. They were on a table that was not near most of the other old knives.
Back when they were made, they would have sold for 2 or 3 times what a much larger regular Jack would have sold for!! Beautiful little knives, they have 4 nicely fitted blades each. The upper one is a little fancier, with Empire's once famous black genuine Stag, and is an early example of stainess steel in a knife. The lower one is nice in it's own right, with fine hand jigged bone, and also sporting some worked liners.
Reese Bose CF'ed and CE'ed these, and was amazed that someone could work that small, especially those astounding little swedges. The small blades disappeared behind his thumb, crosswise! He does have pretty big thumbs though.
Blade6.jpg

Blade6B.jpg

Blade6Top.jpg

Blade6Bottom.jpg

Awesome knives, Charlie. They couldn't have found a better home. (Even with puns as bad as "snap quiz". :p)
Uh oh! You are on to me:eek:!!;)

Not only did Mike find me some great knives, the Empires, along with some of the knives in my first post here, but he sold me this big old (reverse dogleg, or serpentine sleeveboard, or???)! It pays to have friends with bizarre avatars!!
Shown here with an interesting old Russell with an older stamp. Whuttizzit?????
(This thread is full of quizzes, among other stuff:D)
MikesEmpireAndTheRussell.jpg

You had a great first Blade show. Great scans. Thanks for showing them. I'm sure there are more to come!

Last edited:
You had a great first Blade show. Great scans. Thanks for showing them. I'm sure there are more to come!
I am getting near the end. I stopped by GEC's table to visit my old friends, the Daniels boys, and they proved to me that Great Eastern is indeed cutting some good stag. They also allowed me to buy their prototype HJ which had been entered for an award. I have mixed feelings about it not winning; if it had won, it would have cost more, but it would be the winner!! HMMMM????
Anyway, it and the Locking trapper are darn nice knives. Check 'em out!
GECStags.jpg

GECStagsBack.jpg

Last edited:

Another hint;
what is the implication of the spring showing??

For those hos what knows Bose, here are the backs of the knives in the Harness set!
BoseHarnessSetBack.jpg

Bingo! Springs are real good in both knives. The bolster of the old one is slightly wider, and there is no half stop. Pattern variations over the years I guess. I definitely prefer half stops.

I am having a hard time picking out favorites from these!

I'm pretty much speechless:eek::eek: Looks like Blade was good to ya Charlie!! Nice!!:thumbup:

Eric

Great knives Charlie. One of the boniest threads I've seen in a while. Terrific Monday night bonus. I think that slim gunstock Shapleigh with the diamond shield is a slick one. Looks streamlined with the sleek clip blade. Don't recall seeing that pattern before. What are the secondary blades?
Fairly typical stockman blades Hal. A spay and a sheepfoot. They are slimmer than most, in keeping with the pattern.

I realize this is a lot of knives. I don't get to many big shows in a year. Three if I am lucky, so I tend to splurge a bit. I had to skip Pasadena this year; couldn't afford both.

Back