Blade Treasure for waynorth!

I realize this is a lot of knives. I don't get to many big shows in a year. Three if I am lucky, so I tend to splurge a bit. I had to skip Pasadena this year; couldn't afford both.

Don't let Charlie fool you. I saw him trolling the hotel bar, lobby and the boulevard to pick up a little extra money for purchases. ;)

(Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. :p)

giuliani_in_drag2.jpg

Last edited:
It's amazing how much makeup it takes to cover my beard!

I saw most of them "live" but the scans are wonderful because I can just stare at them without making you nervous. :eek::eek:

I believe you were meant to go to Blade to get those great knives so they could "talk" again. What a privilege to be able to share in their conversation. :thumbup::cool:

You can stare at them all you want Kerry! It doesn't make me n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-nervous!

So I pulled the trigger on an Amherst swayback. It is one of their unmarked Protos, but it has a certificate with an actual picture of the knife on it. Should hinder the proliferation of prototypes that occurred with the Case Classics (ahem). Interesting concept. No marks whatsoever on the knife, and it is NOT easy to erase a tang stamp, so how do you fake a proto?? Cool!!! All the limited production knives will have marked tangs!! This one has nice, subtly grained mammoth ivory.
Here it is, with a great Zenith budding/grafting knife made by NYK for Marshall Wells! Nicely grained ivory spud, no? Love that hand-jigged bone!
The Blade provides!
AmherstSwayback.jpg

AmherstAndGrafting.jpg

That is everything, except one knife which is still enroute. It's a rare whittler pattern, an old Shapleigh. Can't wait to see it again!! Some of you have already CF and CE'd it at the show.

Last edited:
Back