BladeForums has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards threats of violence & extremism. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PA forum has GREAT moderators who keep the folks in line and there is some very intelligent content and discussion in there , just don't let your feelings get hurt .

Stick and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me .

Thank you Sparks for not scrubbing it and standing tall .

Honestly, I call bull. Some of the moderators seem to selectively enforce the rules in the PA forum and only ding people who lean left.

Case in point. Here is an example of what is apparently considered an acceptable post by a regular member in that subforum. This is in a freaking thread about an imminent civil war! It's been up for almost a week and hasn't been removed. It's been reported. In my experience, if someone from the left had posted something like that, they would have been banned in an instant.

fucktarded.JPG

I don't think Bladeforums would be worse off if the entire Politics subforum were scrubbed, to be honest.
This is the best suggestion I've heard in the last 8 years,please Spark shut the Politics discussion section of this forum down ,most of us are awesome ,decent ,hard working guys just trying to get some respite from this crazy world -I get lost in some of these great threads on knives ,WIP's,discussions about edge retention,etc... only to get discouraged to see a post with a photo of a baby in diapers climbing a rock climbing practice wall with tons of disgusting comments referencing Mexicans teaching their kids to cross the border illegally...so hurt by the ignorance,we are all brothers ,the science tells us and our similitude screams it.

This is the best suggestion I've heard in the last 8 years,please Spark shut the Politics discussion section of this forum down ,most of us are awesome ,decent ,hard working guys just trying to get some respite from this crazy world -I get lost in some of these great threads on knives ,WIP's,discussions about edge retention,etc... only to get discouraged to see a post with a photo of a baby in diapers climbing a rock climbing practice wall with tons of disgusting comments referencing Mexicans teaching their kids to cross the border illegally...so hurt by the ignorance,we are all brothers ,the science tells us and our similitude screams it.
Simple question.
How do you see all these objectionable pictures and comments if you don't deliberately enter the PA and look for them?

We're not purging the PA. I've made my position known. If your customers refuse to do business with you, not because of your work, but because you patronize a site that has people with diverse opinions, then that sounds like a customer who isn't worth having and would continue to make ultimatums until you are completely at their mercy. Certain extremist groups use this tactic & literal physical violence to prevent people from exercising free speech rights in public because they want you scared.

You have freedom to use it, or not. If you don't, your voice is not heard.

I don't want the PA purged, although, like others, I agree that it should be hidden from the "New Posts" section, but obviously that's not my decision to make.

However, right now in the PA there's a disgusting amount of the very things you're prohibiting in your OP, both written and in meme form. I'm unclear from your OP though if you mean that such talk should be eliminated entirely, or it should simply be confined to the PA (I'm talking about what others are saying or might say, not myself).

I'd go through and report all the posts that encourage or celebrate the violence that happened at the capitol and/or might still happen, but I only have 2 days off this week and I'd rather not spend every waking moment the next 36 hours reporting all the filth there (probably not enough time to get it all anyway).

I don't want the PA purged, although, like others, I agree that it should be hidden from the "New Posts" section, but obviously that's not my decision to make.

However, right now in the PA there's a disgusting amount of the very things you're prohibiting in your OP, both written and in meme form. I'm unclear from your OP though if you mean that such talk should be eliminated entirely, or it should simply be confined to the PA (I'm talking about what others are saying or might say, not myself).

I'd go through and report all the posts that encourage or celebrate the violence that happened at the capitol and/or might still happen, but I only have 2 days off this week and I'd rather not spend every waking moment the next 36 hours reporting all the filth there (probably not enough time to get it all anyway).

It'd probably be a waste of time anyways considering everything I've every reported in there is still up, including veiled and not so veiled threats of violence.

Install some liberal mods to counter balance what you have now and maybe that is possible. Right now, anybody that has spent any time looking over the PA knows that right wing commenters can get away with saying just about anything while a leftish voice gets shut down and given warnings and has a ban hanging over their heads for just about anything they say.
Really? I have not found that to be the case. My little bit of experience has been that the Mods have taken action when things have gotten personal.

Overall, I think they’ve done an excellent job. Especially, considering how heated politics has been lately.

It'd probably be a waste of time anyways considering everything I've every reported in there is still up, including veiled and not so veiled threats of violence.
You're right on all counts, but I'd be careful with the screen shots, lest they be held against you as bringing politics out of the political forum.

Really? I have not found that to be the case. My little bit of experience has been that the Mods have taken action when things have gotten personal.

Overall, I think they’ve done an excellent job. Especially, considering how heated politics has been lately.
You can go through any of the page one threads to find this to be false, at the very best the mods are selective with their enforcement, and it definitely favors a particular "wing".

More accepted content from a regular member of PA? I gotta wonder if the rules would be enforced if a left leaning member had posted something like this.

View attachment 1489601

“We don’t allow that. Well, if we did I’m sure they didn’t mean it. Well, if they meant it, how did you see it if you didn’t go looking for it?”

Pffffffft. :thumbsdown:

You're right on all counts, but I'd be careful with the screen shots, lest they be held against you as bringing politics out of the political forum.

You can go through any of the page one threads to find this to be false, at the very best the mods are selective with their enforcement, and it definitely favors a particular "wing".

Yea, I was politely warned by a mod. No more screenshots forthcoming.

And this above is the point to consider. No matter anyone's opinion on the subject matter, the content that is still currently available for view in the PA right now is content that could easily get this whole forum shut down like has happened to places with similar content. Take a look at the screen grabs above.

Is having this stuff on a knife forum worth losing the knife forum?

And this above is the point to consider. No matter anyone's opinion on the subject matter, the content that is still currently available for view in the PA right now is content that could easily get this whole forum shut down like has happened to places with similar content. Take a look at the screen grabs above.

Is having this stuff on a knife forum worth losing the knife forum?

I imagine somebody is already archiving screenshots for the sake of posterity.

We're not purging the PA. I've made my position known. If your customers refuse to do business with you, not because of your work, but because you patronize a site that has people with diverse opinions, then that sounds like a customer who isn't worth having and would continue to make ultimatums until you are completely at their mercy. Certain extremist groups use this tactic & literal physical violence to prevent people from exercising free speech rights in public because they want you scared.

You have freedom to use it, or not. If you don't, your voice is not heard.
Diverse opinions... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back