BladeForums has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards threats of violence & extremism. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HJK hit the nail on the head.
People aren’t upset because they can SEE content.. they’re upset because it EXISTS.
It appears to be attempted censorship as a means of control, hidden behind a disguise of faux personal offense.
You can’t see it unless you go looking for it.

If someone actively seeks it out and cross-posts it around different parts of the forum, I’m a little skeptical as to the agenda of that individual.

Not at all.
This is about the message, and not the messenger and before you call something shameful you'd better learn some logic, for starters.

The issue as he defined it was that he loves the knife content here but it ruins his enjoyment to see some of the stuff posted in the PA, and he referred to content he thought was terrible. The issue accordingly that he delimited was whether the PA content should be permitted to ruin his enjoyment.
But that was a false statement of the issue by him since his enjoyment couldn't possibly be ruined by exposure to PA content unless he deliberately went there to see it. There's no other way he could see the content to be offended by it, is there?
That's not blaming the messenger, it's refuting or at least defining the message. The message isn't his seeing the content, it's other people saying and seeing the content. It's the existence of the content, unless we put him in a chair and force him like Clockwork Orange or Robot Chicken

The real message, given that he doesn't have to see PA cntent so the actual content can't disturb him unless he looks, is that he doesn't want the content to be there at all. He doesn't want anyone else to look at it either. The very fact other people see it and other people look at it is what offends him, since he doesn't have to see it. That necessarily follows from the simple fact nobody is forcing him to look and that is a very deliberate choice on his part. If he doesnt want to be offended, don't look. But he's offended it exists.

Saying you are offended by stuff you don't see, unless you choose to, is not logically coherent unless what you mean is you are offended by the very existence of that stuff and don't want anyone else to say it or see it. So that logically is his issue.

That's a different issue. I'm sympathetic to people being offended by what they see, but not to people being offended by what others choose to see. See how that works?

And BTW, on many occasions I have moderated comments that could be offensive to members that might choose to look in, including comments about leftists, gay people, muslims, catholics, anybody supporting abortion/the right to choose. Even in PA we have some segregated threads to keep potential offence down to others, like the Hellfire Thread and the Abortion thread. We are very conscious of people looking in. We want members to look in and participate. But it ain't for everyone, and we don't deny it.

With all due respect, while many criticisms of PA are quite valid, quite a few bear little relationship to the actual PA and are themselves highly selective and biased.

I guess one has to question whether it's worth it, especially me.
This is some circuitous and pained reasoning. Listen, all I care about here is that the content that could get this forum deplatformed exists. It doesn’t matter that you have to go searching or not, trust me on that. It’s the mods job to ensure that nothing exists to put this forum in jeopardy. That is my only point, agnostic of what the comments or content even are.

If a mods personal biases are predisposing them to continuing to allow content that puts the platform at risk maybe they shouldn’t be a mod.

The fact that mods are on this thread attacking members that are voicing concerns about issues that could jeopardize the platform is crazy town to me.

Last edited:
This is some circuitous and pained reasoning. Listen, all I care about here is that the content that could get this forum deplatformed exists. It doesn’t matter that you have to go searching or not, trust me on that. It’s the mods job to ensure that nothing exists to put this forum in jeopardy. That is my only point, agnostic of what the comments or content even are.
Wrong. This whole thread has devolved from its original intent into some sanctimonious ranting on the hatred of politics within the forum. You don’t get to circle back to the OP when your logic gets questioned.

The mods in the PA are the problem. Look at this sanctimonious lecturing.
Sanctimonious. Shameful.
These are not terms I used.
If you could actually support your position and understand mine you wouldn't resort to insults and incoherence.

You said it was shameful to point out a member was offended by what he had to choose to see
And you say it's sanctimonious to defend myself by proving my comment wasn't shameful or "attacking the messenger"
And after that you say the mods are the problem as you do the ad hominem.

No, Mr dude, the Mods are not the problem

I was talking about CONTENT.. as in the “offensive” memes or whatever comments offend you.
If those simple words are really that offensive, I don’t know what to tell you. That just seems rather melodramatic to me. It’s just two words and a name strung together.
It could just as easily have been the "Oh Boy...abortion!" or "Civil War!!!" thread and you damn well know that, don't be obtuse.

Last edited:
The whole thread is about content that puts the platform at risk brother. This is right down that alley.
No it isn’t and I can point to SEVERAL comments here that prove otherwise. Spark has made it clear from the start that there’s a zero tolerance policy for the risky content... but several members here decided to jump at the opportunity to get their kicks and punches in to voice their displeasure with the existence of the political forum.

As the old saying goes: Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

It could just as easily have been the "Oh Boy...abortion!" or "Civil War!!!" thread and you damn well know that, don't be obtuse.
That’s not what you have circled there. You circled three words and conveyed your belief to us that they’re “offensive”.
If it’s THOSE three words you’re going to pick, I’m sorry... I just don’t get it.

HJK hit the nail on the head.
People aren’t upset because they can SEE content.. they’re upset because it EXISTS.
It appears to be attempted censorship as a means of control, hidden behind a disguise of faux personal offense.
You can’t see it unless you go looking for it.

If someone actively seeks it out and cross-posts it around different parts of the forum, I’m a little skeptical as to the agenda of that individual.

Just because you, in your ignorance, think this to be the case, that does not make it true.

And when people here are promoting and/or celebrating calls to violence, threats of government overthrow, calls for coup or terrorism or other extremism, that reflects on the forum as a whole, and believe it or not, but many people here actually care about the forum outside the political echo chamber and would rather not see it shut down because of a few chuckleheads that think they're on Parler.

Sanctimonious. Shameful.
These are not terms I used.
If you could actually support your position and understand mine you wouldn't resort to insults and incoherence.

You said it was shameful to point out a member was offended by what he had to choose to see
And you say it's sanctimonious to defend myself by proving my comment wasn't shameful or "attacking the messenger"

Could you link to where I said anything was shameful?

That’s not what you have circled there. You circled three words and conveyed your belief to us that they’re “offensive”.
If it’s THOSE three words you’re going to pick, I’m sorry... I just don’t get it.
It happened to be the current political topic displayed at that moment WITHOUT searching it out...proving your point FALSE. Take the "L" and move on, Kenny.

If a mods personal biases are predisposing them to continuing to allow content that puts the platform at risk maybe they shouldn’t be a mod.
This is called moving the goalposts. I was responding to a member's claim he was offended, not that he was the forum's legal counsel worried about de-platforming. You let the owners and management worry about that.
Are the Mods putting the platform at risk? One of the Mods has been a lawyer for 40 years. Do tell us what the legal limits of liability and de-platforming are. We'd be happy to hear your learned Opinion.

Nobody wants to put the forum at risk. If that's your real concern, suddenly, then it's unfortunately a legitimate one and yes, the Mods have been trying to keep things in control. But if you are serious, and intelligent, you have to consider the issues. Where the line will be drawn we really don't know. What is Twitter's line? Does anyone really know? And if the line is illegitimate do we want to acquiesce to that? And what about the next line? You have to take your view on freedom of speech and the legitimate boundries and stick to principle, or eliminate it entirely, to the smug satisfaction of some. Promoting violence is fairly obviously not allowed and we have new clarifications of guidelines, which is good. But censorship for political opinions or statements of grievences? Not speaking freely because somebody doesn't like what you say, and doesn't have to hear you? Sorry, no arguments have been made to address those issues. Just claims of bias and insults like shameful

Just because you, in your ignorance, think this to be the case, that does not make it true.

And when people here are promoting and/or celebrating calls to violence, threats of government overthrow, calls for coup or terrorism or other extremism, that reflects on the forum as a whole, and believe it or not, but many people here actually care about the forum outside the political echo chamber and would rather not see it shut down because of a few chuckleheads that think they're on Parler.
Again, if you’d care to read my previous comments, Spark has already addressed this and made it clear it won’t be tolerated. Why continue beating a dead horse? Never mind, don’t answer that. I can just go read all the pile-on comments that followed where people started ranting about how they don’t think politics should be discussed on a knife forum. The comments speak for themselves... and I know the play: some people want PA removed, and they think this is their opportunity to try and ram it through. It’s a little insulting that so many people think that the people that run this forum are that easily manipulated.

It happened to be the current political topic displayed at that moment WITHOUT searching it out...proving your point FALSE. Take the "L" and move on, Kenny.
You circled the words, not me. If those three words didn’t offend you, why did you use them as the example? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back