Blades & Bourbon

Me too. Why are all these people ruining perfectly good whiskey with ice?

For me, because a minimum 80-100oz. of H2O per day is the goal, and ice cubes count...

Today seemed a good day to crack open a new bottle as I put my old 4-legged friend to rest...
V1jQIrb.jpg

Rest in Peace Shrek Rock
rsF1wRn.jpg

Is there a better bourbon for the price? I ask as I am in the US now and in Canada I drink Bulliet as there isn’t much more available here besides Jack and Jim.

Any recommendations for a good bourbon/coke, Old Fashioned and on the rocks inexpensive bourbon would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

For me, because a minimum 80-100oz. of H2O per day is the goal, and ice cubes count...

Today seemed a good day to crack open a new bottle as I put my old 4-legged friend to rest...
V1jQIrb.jpg

Rest in Peace Shrek Rock
rsF1wRn.jpg
That sucks.

I have 2 dogs that are on their last legs. Fairly healthy but 17 and 15.

Is there a better bourbon for the price?

I don't drink much but what I do enjoy, I like to enjoy neat and slow. Aroma and taste matter to me. When a friend introduced me to Buffalo Trace last year, it was an instant hit. When I saw the price tag, it became a cabinet regular.

I also like Knob Creek. Michter's American is good, although not a bourbon. The Buffalo Trace is kinda special though. It's like the Tangram knife you see next to it in my picture. It's just exceptional for the price.

Is there a better bourbon for the price? I ask as I am in the US now and in Canada I drink Bulliet as there isn’t much more available here besides Jack and Jim.

Any recommendations for a good bourbon/coke, Old Fashioned and on the rocks inexpensive bourbon would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
My "everyday" budget bourbon is Elijah Craig 1.75L, @ $50ish a bottle it's hard to beat.

Man, my go to "budget" bourbon is Heaven Hill in a plastic bottle. I pour it into a fancy decanter, keep it on the upstairs bar-counter and call it "the good stuff" whenever we have company over... Can't beat that (for the price).

After that I'm partial to Old Grand Dad, and I keep a bottle of Elijah Craig, Maker's Mark, and/or 1792, and many others that come and go stashed downstairs by the bar-bar.

That sucks.

I have 2 dogs that are on their last legs. Fairly healthy but 17 and 15.

Worst part of loving dogs is always the part where you say good bye... Especially when they were a dang good dog...

Where are you getting that? I can't find it anywhere in PA.
It is extremely hard to find. One of you large grocery stores opened a new liquor store and had "open season"stocking it. They got 17 cases so when I heard about it, I bought a bunch. Some stores that do get it only do sporadically. Some limit one per customer.
Got the 1.75s for $39 each!!!. They even got some Pappy.
Found another store that seems to keep in stock but jacks the price up $10.
Prior to this find, my favorite "cheap" bourbon was Four Roses Small Batch.

Jeffersons ocean
And prototype Time splitter in Zwear.
Green kirinite handles, glow CF liners Screenshot_20190203-202922_Gallery.jpg

Poured a glass 10 seconds after posting.
Excellent stuff.

This is a different bourbon for sure. I haven't delved too far into it yet, but I get some popcorn notes, and then on the back taste a gummy peach candy flavor which is really good and wild. Unfortunately I still can't score any of Buffalo Trace's Antique collection which is high on my want list :D.
Definitely one of my favorite bourbons. Not a bad knife either.

Where are you getting that? I can't find it anywhere in PA.

As Venice said, Buffalo Trace can be hard to find in some areas. The downside of exceptional taste and aroma in that price category is that people find out about it. Venice isn't the only person who stocks up when they see it.

If I don't see Buffalo Trace in stock, I'll choose Maker's Mark for a few dollars more. It's a good bourbon and still cheaper than Knob Creek or some other whiskies I like. In all honesty though, Buffalo Trace could probably satisfy all my bourbon wants if it was always available.

Back