Blades & Bourbon

I wouldn't normally use such a fine sipper for a manhattan...
But I ran out of Maker's and I gotta do what I gotta do.
And take it from a pro, these ingredients make one of the best.;)
Zoo9Jsz.jpg

I wouldn't normally use such a fine sipper for a manhattan...
But I ran out of Maker's and I gotta do what I gotta do.
And take it from a pro, these ingredients make one of the best.;)
Zoo9Jsz.jpg

Yeah, that's the right stuff right there. I gotta bite the bullet and get me another bottle of Carpano Antica. That stuff really does have no equal.

Barman you've outdone yourself.
I gotta know what you threw together for those cookies, man.
Thanks!
I make cocktail bitters so I decided that my orange-fig would be the inspiration.
I started with a toasted walnut/pecan/sweet almond oil butter that I made, then added bourbon vanilla bean, orange zest, figs, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar, dark chocolate chips, maple syrup...etc (meaning all the other usual stuff in cookies, salt, baking soda, eggs...) then pulled it all together with coconut flour.
Makes a super soft and rich cookie that doesn't necessarily have to go with whisky...but they do.:D
I had to wrap and freeze them before I housed the whole batch.:rolleyes:

Thanks!
I make cocktail bitters so I decided that my orange-fig would be the inspiration.
I started with a toasted walnut/pecan/sweet almond oil butter that I made, then added bourbon vanilla bean, orange zest, figs, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar, dark chocolate chips, maple syrup...etc (meaning all the other usual stuff in cookies, salt, baking soda, eggs...) then pulled it all together with coconut flour.
Makes a super soft and rich cookie that doesn't necessarily have to go with whisky...but they do.:D
I had to wrap and freeze them before I housed the whole batch.:rolleyes:

I hope you don't mind if I shamelessly steal this recipe for this coming Christmas.

Cookies will be eaten! Whiskey will be drank!

I hope you don't mind if I shamelessly steal this recipe for this coming Christmas.

Cookies will be eaten! Whiskey will be drank!
:thumbsup:
For the base recipe and a few guidelines (in case you need them) do a search for "soft coconut peanut butter cookies", it'll be the first site.
And the figs weren't really necessary.
Other than that it's personal taste and intuition to get the recipe where you want it.
Also there are butter recipes that are easy or just buy some.
Good luck, enjoy.:)

A friend gave me a bottle of Manifest Rye as a gift a few weeks ago. Excellent stuff :thumbsup:
Hi, I don't know which state you're located, Manifest Distilling is located in Jacksonville FL, ABC liquor store carries it and if you're interested I can DM you the SKU number for ordering. For below $40 this is unbelievable stuff! They are different releases, I do have #2, #9 and #11. The one on the picture is #11, very similar to #9 and completely different from #2 You can purchase those online if you're lucky, I use a website, not sure about the BF policies, but again - if you're interested, I'll shoot you the link, reputable site, purchased few bottles from there and no issues what's or ever.

Cheers !

OsJOrG.jpg

Don’t know if I believe the hype about the owner picking his own barrels to make this but I’ve been wanting to try Wooford for a while.
It is not disappointing. Also, this is not day drinking, it’s an aperitif! ;):cool:

6073D6E8-C7AE-4EC3-BB62-513A6D5534C9.jpeg

Don’t know if I believe the hype about the owner picking his own barrels to make this but I’ve been wanting to try Wooford for a while.
It is not disappointing. Also, this is not day drinking, it’s an aperitif! ;):cool:

View attachment 1448202
I believe it, it's pretty common. I know a couple of owners that have done it. I have a 13 year whistlepig that's really good that was a single barrel selection. Generally the distillery rep will bring 5 to 10 samples and do a tasting. They choose the one they like best and get their name put on it.

Back