Blades upon Books - Traditionals

A shepherd's knife (known on the island as curniciulu), by Corsican artisan Alexandre Musso, upon the history of Corsican knifemaking.

w5Ddau.jpg

Perfect knife/book pairing looks like that book has been enjoyed more than a few times, and you included your namesake, well done!:D:thumbsup:
Thanks! I love reading and I think it shows in the condition of my books.:D
I made that fid quite some time ago. Been used alot for splicing and knot work. (Technically it's not a marlingspike/marlinespike/marlin spike. Marlingspikes are usually made from steel.)

View attachment 1545998

First printing (1964) of the first book in The Three Investigators series. Anyone else read these growing up? Also a B&C Boy's Knife in ebony :)
Great series. First one I read was The Mystery of the Green Ghost. I think it was the fourth in the series. Ended up reading most of them, then later read them to my children. Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews, wasn't it?

Great series. First one I read was The Mystery of the Green Ghost. I think it was the fourth in the series. Ended up reading most of them, then later read them to my children. Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw, and Bob Andrews, wasn't it?

Yes! Jupe, Pete, and Bob...I'm currently doing the exact same thing. I really enjoyed reading this series as a kid, my school library had most or all of them. Recently I've tracked down the first twenty in the series on eBay and have been reading them with my kids. We're on #6 right now, "The Secret of Skeleton Island." Fun stuff.

Back