Blades upon Books - Traditionals

I didn't know I had this little book. 1917.
85ihIgJ.jpg

Think I've posted this book before, even recently, but this knife seemed a good fit today. No question a Hobbit would like a stockman, it'd give him a garden blade, a food blade, and one to scrape his pipe...

And this one being in moon glow acrylic, I just know it would glow when Orcs are close by! :D

wp-1620266284319.jpg

(Queen SFO for EDCForums several years ago, D2 and moon glow)

And yes, the book is verry good. First couple chapters so far are applying the concept of Tao to the entire company, and a few other characters like Baorn.

wp-1620266284311.jpg
My old chopper/bowie seemed a good fit for this one. I made it around 2005, brass, cocobolo and 3/16" thick, fully convex ground O1. Yes, looks like I've let it rust a little. :(

The book is pretty good. The history is fantastic. Its not for everyone. I found it a bit too graphic in places, where it transcribed word for word reports and diary entries from the time period, of attacks made by Indians and other, and the torture, etc. Its an important part of the history, and this specific family history/story, and needs not hidden... But it could have been done less graphically after a time or two and been a much friendlier read. As is with a graphic imagination and semi photographic memory, I can't finish the book. But if its a topic that interests and you've a strong stomach, and don't "see" everything you read, I'd recommend it.

Hello Neighbor! :)
Great knife! Don't see much moose on knives, especially folders, that's cool to see.
Hello! You're only the second Fbx connection I've made here, the other was a recent post I saw in the exchange and I happened to notice the seller was in NP. I was able to buy the knife cash/in-person which was fun. re: NW moose toothpick, that's exactly why I picked that one up, I had never seen moose used on a slipjoint before. What really surprised me when I got it in hand is how light it is, much lighter than if the covers were stag or bone. I guess moose antlers feel a lot heavier when they're 4-5ft across and still attached to the head :)

Back