Blades upon Books - Traditionals

4L4tnDG.jpg

Well, it’s not a knife but it is a blade!

IoIivY2h.jpg

Thanks to you A.L. I've ordered this book. I've spent a large part of the last night reading it and am a bit tired this morning but it was worth it. An art book of great practical use, very well written.
An other book related to this one i would advise the reading if you don't know it yet:

lSZyhYDh.jpg

Lars Mytting, "The man and the wood, the scandinavian method". About heatwood.

Thanks A.L.

Dan.

IoIivY2h.jpg

Thanks to you A.L. I've ordered this book. I've spent a large part of the last night reading it and am a bit tired this morning but it was worth it. An art book of great practical use, very well written.
An other book related to this one i would advise the reading if you don't know it yet:

lSZyhYDh.jpg

Lars Mytting, "The man and the wood, the scandinavian method". About heatwood.

Thanks A.L.

Dan.
Very nice! Glad that you got inspired! I haven’t completed the book yet but it’s very stylish book with great info. Very coffee table book.

I can't seem to find much time for recreational reading lately, but I have quite a backlog of books I read (or re-read) this summer that I should try to post here in the next couple of months.

Back in the day, as an Army MP, Reacher headed an elite team of investigators whose catchphrase was, "You do NOT mess with the special investigators." But many years later, someone is messing with several of them, and members of Reacher's old unit are showing up dead. Now what???
child.badluck&trouble.jpg

Virgil Flowers is charged with investigating several deaths, apparently carried out by a sniper, in a small town where large crowds have shown up in hopes of seeing another appearance of the Virgin Mary in the town's church.
sandford.holyghost.jpg

- GT

- warm comfortable slipjoint............chilling uncomfortable reading

Manchester Guardian and the Scotsman speak highly of that book and author.
Llama books doesn't seem to have the new updated version, so I ordered one from Railsplitters.
Virgil Flowers is charged with investigating several deaths, apparently carried out by a sniper, in a small town where large crowds have shown up in hopes of seeing another appearance of the Virgin Mary in the town's church.
View attachment 1679130

- GT
Cool idea.

- warm comfortable slipjoint............chilling uncomfortable reading

Manchester Guardian and the Scotsman speak highly of that book and author.
Llama books doesn't seem to have the new updated version, so I ordered one from Railsplitters.
View attachment 1679130

- GT
Cool idea.

Save money! Do your own ablation!
4ueV583.jpg

I borrowed this from the library before buying one, because it looks a bit crack-pot, there being no cure for A-fib. Good book though, and pretty current, published in 2021.

I think I've read almost every novel that Tana French has written, and I've enjoyed reading them, but often end up frustrated because her books often end without what I would consider a proper resolution, and whatever resolution does occur is usually not an unqualified "and everyone lived happily ever after." But I like the way that in her "Dublin Murder Squad" police procedurals, a character who has a secondary role in one novel will become the main character of another novel. And there's often some kind of hint of possible supernatural influence (that is also often left unresolved IMHO).
french.witchelm.jpg

- GT

Back