Blind Horse Knives - Closing Down

Anyone know what will happen to the magazine and podcast? Obviously LT and Dan aren't going to be doing the podcast together, but maybe the same type of show from one of them or their company?

Blind Horse is my favorite fixed blade and the Bush Crafter I've used on all kinds of wood, hard wood never chips or rolls the edge at all. I really like the way they sharpen up too, while I haven't used the Large Work Horse yet, it came shaving sharp and I sharpened it, it just became even sharper. Hope at least one of the new companies turns out as good of stuff.

rwqwrt.jpg

My BHK Large Workhorse with orange slabs just arrived today. I placed my order as soon as I was aware that this was the last chance to pick one up, always admired the shape and price was fair for a knife of better than average build. Not truly custom but not factory cookie cutter either.
I will see how the D2 holds up in coming year.

Both L.T. and Dan are extremely good guys. It's pretty clear from everything I've read and have seen here and on other knife forums and Facebook that L.T. and Dan quite simply had a different vision of where to take Blind Horse. Rather than destroy their friendship, they split into different companies. I will miss Blind Horse, but look forward to seeing what both companies have to offer.

Not really a fan of their knives, while well made and esthetically pleasing, I did buy one off of Armslist for a mere pittance, and now worth more than I paid....

any idea if they will still produce any of the old designs?

they had one of the best Nessmuk designs out there.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. We were truly saddened about the split too. Both companies have agreed to still make any of the blind horse patterns and are both going to honor the blind horse guarantee. We are very sorry that we have let you down but the things each shop is going to bring to the table are going to be great! Please excuse the websites right now, with the split we basically had to start over. It is going to take both shops a little bit of time to build inventory back up but rest assured neither shop is sitting around doing nothing. We are still trying to finish up blind horse orders, put out monthly specials from the new companies as well as build up our own separate line of knives, all of these things take time. Please feel free to give us a call at: 740-995-9009 or email us at: info@battlehorseknives.com with any questions or concerns. Please remember that we all care about our customers and that will never change from either shop. Take care and God bless.

I visited the Battle Horse Knives booth at the Great Eastern Outdoors Show on Monday. Both great people, easy to talk with and very genuine. It certainly sounds like they have HUGE plans for the future. My father purchased a woodsman pro with black micarta and blue liners as a birthday present, which I now count as one of my most prized possessions. Thanks for a great experience Battle Horse Knives, looking forward to what you do next!

Back