Blown Away By This $30 knife

The Atmos is a great knife that don't cost an arm and a leg;)
WDhrVFS.jpg
I thinks this wins the internet today.

This knife has a Sinkevitch Kershaw stablemate that looks awesome to me. The Kershaw Concierge.

kai-kershaw-4020-concierge-flipper-black-g10__05602.1532101023.jpg

I’ll probably pick one up.

Glad you’re enjoying your Atmos. I have heard these can be very nice if you get a good example of one.

^^ Good looking knife. For some reason, I really dislike Kershaw’s gray “titanium carbo-nitride coating” though.
I’ve got 3 knives with that coating on their blades and frame and it drives me bonkers.
The Ember for example- great knife, desperately needs a BlackWash offering..

^^ Good looking knife. For some reason, I really dislike Kershaw’s gray “titanium carbo-nitride coating” though.
I’ve got 3 knives with that coating on their blades and frame and it drives me bonkers.
The Ember for example- great knife, desperately needs a BlackWash offering..

All vendors of budget folders seem to enjoy using them. Schrade especially.

I don't like it. But I don't dislike it either. Still less attention-grabbing than those black-coated blades.

oh, and 1 more point - don't buy knives from amazon, they have many issues - 'grey market' knockoffs being returned and resold as genuine name brand product, etc etc etc - read about it

I handled one of these and I can see why people love it. I feel the same way about the Ruger LCK. I've sworn off the 8Cr13Mov though. The market is moving forward. We are seeing quality knives in better steels at competitive prices from companies like Tangram, Ruike, and Civivi. If I can get a sweet knife and reward their efforts at the same time, I'll do that instead.

Of course, if I saw an Atmos or an LCK offered in 9Cr18Mov, 14C28N, or Acuto 440 for those kinds of prices, I'd be all about it.

I really want one BUT....tip up carry is a deal breaker. I've always liked tip down and to the left in my right side pocket.

NYC is worse than just about any place in the states, from what I've read...
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-york-knife-laws.1315205/

You are right but NY is not NYC. I'm in the western part of what is known as Upstate and we're as much like NYC as Kansas City. Even our knife laws aren't the same and in some regards pretty good such as knife length, which is unlimited. Others not so much, but way better than NYC and I can't figure out what this does to violate laws. I'm wondering if it's just Amazon.

I've had Amazon vendors refuse to send me knives and air rifles because I live in New York state and these bozos can't be fussed with figuring out that NYC isn't all of NY state. The solution is simple. Find a reputable dealer who has taken the time to figure it out. I don't even try to purchase these items (and many others) from Amazon any more.

I live about 25 miles from NYC line. And there are stores like REI and tractor supply that carry auto openers that you can't order by mail online. Yet you can buy them right off the shelf (locked case that is) Very strange.

I really want one BUT....tip up carry is a deal breaker. I've always liked tip down and to the left in my right side pocket.

For me, tip down only is a deal breaker lol. Interesting that you insist on tip down. That's pretty unusual.

This knife has a Sinkevitch Kershaw stablemate that looks awesome to me. The Kershaw Concierge.

Glad you’re enjoying your Atmos. I have heard these can be very nice if you get a good example of one.

I have both, and I prefer the Concierge for what it's worth. The handle feels round and comfy in use, and the action on mine is great.

I like it so much I carry it sometimes.

I handled one of these and I can see why people love it. I feel the same way about the Ruger LCK. I've sworn off the 8Cr13Mov though. The market is moving forward. We are seeing quality knives in better steels at competitive prices from companies like Tangram, Ruike, and Civivi. If I can get a sweet knife and reward their efforts at the same time, I'll do that instead.

Of course, if I saw an Atmos or an LCK offered in 9Cr18Mov, 14C28N, or Acuto 440 for those kinds of prices, I'd be all about it.

I thought I was in the same boat, which I why I held off on buying the Atmos for a long time. But I just loved the design and I saw enough positive reviews that I pulled the trigger, 8cr13mov or not. And now that I have one in my hands, I don't regret getting it one bit. Do I love this steel? No, but it works, everything else is solid, and it sharpens up amazingly well.

Love my Concierge, great knife...kinda silly name...

For me, tip down only is a deal breaker lol. Interesting that you insist on tip down. That's pretty unusual.

It all started with an Endura. It had a plastic clip that was made for tip down. Couldn't be changed and I was just starting to collect knives and had no idea the clips on some knives could be tip up carry. Now, tip up feels weird to me and I've been cut before by trying to carry tip up. So yea, there's that as well. Why be "normal"?

This depends on how I will be carrying a particular knife. Clipped into a pants pocket, I can go either way. Clipped into a shirt pocket, I need my flipper-tab knives tip down. I know shirt-pocket carry imposes all sorts of other requirements and finding the right knife for it can be tricky. Just for fun though, try it out. Clip a flipper-tab knife into the breast pocket of a shirt. Casually reach up to pull it out and go to flip it open. Which is easier and more natural, tip up or down?

If you aren't careful... you are going to end up with a ZT 0470 in no time ;)

+1 to that brother!

Now the Fraxion is the Chinese Kershaw that blew me away. Ultra smooth, rock-solid and a great size. The detent is perfectly dialed in and nothing has changed after ~1000 flips.

I got the Fraxion as well and i really like it. Great value for money. I am still to try an Ontario RAT, though, which seems to be a reference point on value knives. Atmos is definitely on the list as well

Got the Atmos in today. Well done Kershaw...well done. Rit-dye coming up!

You’re some kind of psychopath that carries on the wrong side of the pocket!?

For real though I think people are scared to carry tip up right handed on that side because they’ve seen some horror stories of knives opening and sticking people too close to the junk/femoral artery. It’s honestly all depending on how much you trust that detent and lots of knives are fine to carry like this...just know your detents.

Back