Bob Cargill Cripple Creek Knives

Where do you purchase knives from at Cripple Creek Cutlery? I'm interested in a GEC #14 SFO but can't find a website. Thanks guys!

Where do you purchase knives from at Cripple Creek Cutlery? I'm interested in a GEC #14 SFO but can't find a website. Thanks guys!
Since I'm not sure this retailer is a blade forum member I will not show their name. They are located in Sevierville Tenn if that helps. You can also find the answer to your question in the thread "new 14 run".

Since I'm not sure this retailer is a blade forum member I will not show their name. They are located in Sevierville Tenn if that helps. You can also find the answer to your question in the thread "new 14 run".
Got it! Thanks again!

Mr. McMath, those knives of yours are all Bob Cargill Cripple Creek knives that were made once a year for Cripple Creek Tribe Members. The info
on them are within this thread and are in the Smoke Signals that have been posted. Starting on about page 5 I believe. There are Smoke Signals
for the Lockport, IL knives but there aren't any for the Old Fort, TN. knives that started in 1987.
I do know that the strawberry bone ones are limited to about 30 knives.

Fellas, the name of this thread is Bob Cargill Cripple Creek knives.
I am aware how things tend to stray in a thread but let's try to keep the topic
on Bob's knives. The reason most people come here is for info about those knives.

Greg

Last edited:
Mitch Phelps sent me some pics of some pretty interesting knives Cargill made. I'll post more once I go thru them.
Here's a Gents Folder with a tail bolster lock.
Greg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Mitch Phelps sent me some pics of some pretty interesting knives Cargill made. I'll post more once I go thru them.
Here's a Gents Folder with a tail bolster lock.
Greg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg
Do you know the length of this gents with the tail lock?

The Whirly Bird made in Old Fort, TN. Something you don't see every day.
Greg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I love that you are able to show that here for preservation in this thread, but wow is that an ugly knife, to me. Must have been one of his "knifemares".

I don't know the size of either piece. I only have the photos. Maybe Mitch will stop by.
I have a similar knife, a mid-lock, that is 3 1/4" closed.
The Whirly Bird could have been made for some particular task but it could be a knifemare. Looks like a nut cracker
is built into it. It appears to also be the lock for the blade.
Then again, Bob may have been experimenting again. I don't know.
Greg

Last edited:
I don't know the size of either piece. I only have the photos. Maybe Mitch will stop by.
I have a similar knife, a mid-lock, that is 3 1/4" closed.
The Whirly Bird could have been made for some particular task but it could be a knifemare. Looks like a nut cracker
is built into it. It appears to also be the lock for the blade.
Then again, Bob may have been experimenting again. I don't know.
Greg
The gents knife is 3.25" closed, it also has a small nail pull. I have a picture of Bob with a band-aid on his hand, he cut himself working on the whirly bird. The worked back spring/lock, locks each blade into place. It is ugly but both blades a from 1 piece of continuous steel. Not for sure, but I would bet 1 of a kind.

Back