Boker AK-47?

to luku.
Guns are not apples. They must be under certain governmental control. Just to keep terrrorist's life more difficult. BTW - this organisation deals with illegal trade to war-torn regions. No idea why this is bad.

No this organization want to remove all private guns they only want military & police forces from legitimate government to own guns. In Europe we know that the prostitutes came from Russia and the latest one is Kalashnikov. Most of knives owners like me are also guns owners. Kalashnikov get money from the gun-control group and he try to get money from us by selling "AK-47 knives".
The same who want to remove our right to own guns are the same who want to remove our right to own & carry knives. Shame to Böker to promote Kalashnikov.

"Guns Under controls" doesn't nessesery means that they are banned. Moreover all the article refers to INTERNATIONAL ILLICIT sales of arms. This has to do with terrorism and mafia. Try to read this trououtly, and do not insult respectable people.

BTW I'll try to pretend that I haven't noticed your comment about prostitutes, as long as you pretend you haven't said it. Clean after yourself :).

Luku,
I would dare to make you to think that here is Blade Discussion Forum. You could discuss your understanding or misunderstanding the sense of such things as gun control at Politics or Whine & Cheese Forums if you like. Maybe somewhere are forums where you could discuss prostitution matters as well but rather not here.

As to knife – I’m waiting for mine impatiently and will share impressions as soon as I will get it. The one I saw at IWA’2003 trade show (March, Nuremberg, Germany) looked well made and pretty comfortable to handle. So much I can say after 5 minutes of acquaintance, to say more would be quite rashly from my side.

Naturally, someone could like or dislike the name excessively, however I am in habit of evaluating the knives and not their names.

Regardless of all the lousy politics, that knife is just expensive, especially for the steel they use. I would have expected 154CM, not 440C...oh well...neat looking though...

funny thing is, while it was not pertinent to the thread, it is pertinent to knives, because anti-2nd amendment people are generally anti knife people from my experiances...

I known this is not the forum to discuss "knives politics" but sometimes he can happend. I think knives fan must known about Kalashnikov action. Concerning the word prostitute I sign it again and said that Kalashnikov act like a prostitute.

for the 220$ i can think of dozens of knives i'd rather have then this one.. it looks like they took ideas from several top manufacturers of knives and tried to put it all into one piece.

You must known that the knive is made in China and I can prove it.

They are made by Paul Lin who is the middle man for: Outdoor Edge, CRKT, Böker, Timberline and other's

Let's please keep this thread about knives, not personalities. If you want to make bold statements here, please be prepared to back them up with verifiable facts.
Dave

If you don"t want to known that when you buy an AK-47 knife you give money to a guy who support gun-control you must be mad. Ask the NRA about IANSA & Eminent Persons Group. The link I give prove that what I said is true.

I get so tired of everybody slamming 440C...

of all the stainless steels I've tried (and, admittedly these do not include BG-42 or S30V... yet) I've found 440C to be my favorite.

The edge-holding benefit of 154CM/ATS-34 over 440C seems relatively miniscule to me, but 440C is NOTICEABLY tougher and corrosion resistant than 154CM.
To further this arguement I would state that I've never encountered a 154CM blade that pleased me (though I do have one ATS-34 custom that does).

Point is, I see 440C as a plus, rather than a negative. The reason the AK-47 knife costs more is probably due to it being a limited run knife (though I don't know this for sure).

As for my feelings towards Kalashnikov himself... never liked his design (which I, personally believe to be about as original as a Vtech Spyderco knockoff), never liked his attitudes, and his endless droning about his remorse for the design of the AK-47 hasn't done much to encourage me either. When I think of a man living by his convictions, Kalashnikov is one of the last to enter my mind, so he can take his knife and shove it.

:eek:
for all of you MOD users out there...
Doesn't the handle look suspiciously like the Trident handle?
what's up with that?
I wouldn't buy a knife at that price that had parts that were bastardized from another model. Who knows what other shortcuts they might have taken.

Walker

I also agree about the 440C thing. I think too many newbies see the 440 and automatically think junk...... I wish they'd just give it a new name.

feh, it aint about name, people know 154CM is more expensive and immediately associate that with "better" (which is relatively natural, and to a limited point, logical).

Personally, a knife I wouldn't hesitate buying in AUS8A or 440C is a tough decision when it's in 154CM... and usually I say nay.
I have a similar attitude towards CPM440V.

Back