Boker AK-47?

I noticed the similarities too. Looks like the blade and front part of the handle are based on the MOD Scorpion, and the back looks similar to the the Trident.

Most knife companies I have seen who use Gun company brand names tend to inflate their prices and steal design elements from other "better" knives. Colt, Smith & Wesson, Remington, Walther, etc. Boker isn't exactly a company with the most original designs either.

I also like 440C a lot. It is a whole lot easier to sharpen than most of the ATS-34 knives I have used, and has good corrosion resistance, and in many cases you can hardly tell the difference in edge holding. VG-10 (on many Spyderco knives) also has these characteristics and holds an edge better than ATS-34, and can be found on Spyderco knives for less than most knives with 154CM, ATS-34. 440C is a great steel, and I especially like it on outdoors/survival knives. I think Smith & Wesson should stop pretending to be using 440C, their cheap 420J2 in disguise is giving it a bad name.

Doesn't the handle look suspiciously like the Trident handle?
I asked the same question some time ago here... it ended with disaster. Well, Boker chose name that does draw attention. It seems that everyone has his opinions about AK47 and Mikhail Timofeevich but nobody handled the knife :(

It seems that everyone has his opinions about AK47 and Mikhail Timofeevich but nobody handled the knife
I have handled it (the knife, not M. Kalashnikov although I know him and spoke with him several times) at IWA’2003 Trade Show in March, however too few to express my opinion so firmly as do Folks who didn’t handle.

Edited to add:
I noticed the similarities too. Looks like the blade and front part of the handle are based on the MOD Scorpion, and the back looks similar to the the Trident
If we would start to divide each knife to particular details we could found the similarity always and in each case.

Back