Boker Kwaiken Flipper Compact

Please see my post for a link to pics of the Kwaiken. I apologize they are not the most hi res, but they give you an overall picture of the blade and the features. Also, I included a comparison of the Kwaiken next to two of my most carried knives. I'm very surprised at how much blade the Kwaiken packs into such a small size. Also, it fits my hand very well.

Such a bummer that they didn't get the lock right. Would've been nice if it had a steel lock interface. Oh, well.

Please see my post for a link to pics of the Kwaiken. I apologize they are not the most hi res, but they give you an overall picture of the blade and the features. Also, I included a comparison of the Kwaiken next to two of my most carried knives. I'm very surprised at how much blade the Kwaiken packs into such a small size. Also, it fits my hand very well.
Thank you for the review. Can you confirm it’s running on caged bearings? That’s a shame they messed up the lock. Was almost going to pull the trigger on this....

Thanks shady, Appreciate the your thoughts and the link to the photos. I think I will take a pass on this one. To bad, I had hope for this one.

JonesE

Yeah, so now that the lock has been adjusted, by me, it’s near perfect. I can’t seem to put it down. Also, the scales seem to warm really quickly due to the marbled finish. I still cannot not endorse it because of that initial lock stick.

IMO, a steel interface wouldn’t have made a difference. The lockbar was just set too tight. I inspected the lockface and it is evenly carbidized with no signs of galling. My Boker Khion is treated similarly along the lock face and it has never stuck.

I can confirm, the washers are PB caged bearings. Very smooth, no rough spots. Next time I disassemble it I post some pics.

Dang, I have had this knife in my wishlist for some time. I especially like the steel upgrade and the deep carry clip. The lock stick is what is holding me back. If they made it a CF version, I might have jumped on it already. Or if it was $200... I might have jumped on it.

Did they mill internal pockets on the handles?

No internal milling but at this size I couldn’t see the advantage. It is very light. I think it should be a 200.00 knife. I got mine for less than the average price but I did not go thru a US dealer, hence the long wait for it to get thru customs...

I actually own this exact model; manufactured in Solingen, Germany. The Boker/Burnley Compact Kwaiken frame lock. It's actually my absolute favorite carry piece since I've gotten it. Contoured Titanium handles (This isn't the liner-lock variety) Then, the Titanium handles are also have this sweet stone-washing then brought to a mirror polish which gives just a cool new way of finishing Titanium. This model stated it rides on the IKBS but
to my surprise, it runs on steel caged bearings (I thought IKBS were mainly loose, but there could be different bearings they use, anyways it does sport the caged style bearings. Titanium framelock (Ti on steel) no steel insert. Blade is 154CPM and a nice small flipper w/ jumping. Perfect detent. Blade snaps out like a rocket. It is smooth but swapped out for ceramic cages which actually made a felt difference. I’ll post pics below.

I been very happy with the Kwaiken It’s my edc and sees lots of hard use. I have no issues with lock stick or anything

Does anyone know of a US dealer that has the Ti compact 110644? I cannot find any after considerable searching.

These are out now on BladeHQ. I have one coming that should be here on Tuesday..

These are out now on BladeHQ. I have one coming that should be here on Tuesday..
I didn't see these at BHQ. There sold out. Are you sure it was Boker Compact Kwaiken manufactured in Soligen, Germany with marbled, polished & contoured Ti scales, frame lock. No lock-bar insert but
The blade is has a beautiful machine satin finish and the steel is CPM154. I did own one (Pictured above) and my dumb-a** sold it. Absolutely a gem. If I see one again, I will be sure to be all over it. Maybe Soligen will do another run at some point. This particular model also went for like $240-$260 I believe and I though it was worth it and the construction and precision tolerances were unparalleled to the standard Boker Kwaiken and their budget Steel Kwaiken w/ D2.

I've had interest in the Compact for some time. I have noticed for the past several days on the Boker website that the Compact will be available on tomorrow's date. For example, today the site indicates availablilty on 6/29. Yesterday it indicated availability on 6/28. Same thing for several days previously. The Boker folks have not responded to email inquiry. Anyone know what gives?

I already placed my order for the Compact Kwaiken. My only concern is that it might be smaller than I prefer. My sweet spot is 3.25-3.5" blades.
Well if it’s the soligen with a marbled finish on the titanium that would be the one. If it is I’d order one myself

Back