Boker ripping off Becker?

Looks like a ripoff to me. I was looking at getting a Boker I think I will pass after seeing this.
Little sad BladeHQ is carrying it.

Ethan's handle design is trademarked I believe. Those handles are a dead copy. They either have Ethans permission Ooor they are potentially in for a world of hurt, me thinks.

Ethan's handle design is trademarked I believe. Those handles are a dead copy. They either have Ethans permission Ooor they are potentially in for a world of hurt, me thinks.

Would be a long and potentially futile struggle. Most of Boker's Magnum stuff is just re-branded Chinese domestic stuff, Boker has next to no say in production.

weird knife. Sure looks like Becker handles.

Looks like a direct rip off on the handles. I wonder if Ka-Bar already knows about this... They will soon enough.

yeah that is a rip off indeed sad too see more junk like that it seems too get worse everyday.

Sad rip off, the upper swedge on the blade bothers me for some reason... Looks uneven.

I saw this knife in a Spanish knife forum like 2 months ago and dismissed it as I know that a lot of european and asian knives don't make their way over here, then forgot about it. Sad indeed. I do like the Boker Plus line and still have some magnums, but this knife begs an explanation.

looks like a new copy. they had older ones. supposedly they were "spoken too"...

i THINK originally Boker had a couple boxes of handles from Camillus, and decided to use them. then they apparently started making their own. oops.

probably the best think KaBar could do is block import. they probably can't stop them outright from selling them.

the Magnum name is a slap in the face for added effect.

but hey, you haven't made it until your designs have been ripped off by another company, and made in china of finest 440 naturally ;)

I agree Bladite. The Becker handles or the name by itself would be frowned upon already. The combination of both is indeed somewhat of a slap in the face, not to be mistaken. Sad. Really sad.

In their defense, "Magnum" is an entire line in their company, those are knives they just buy from far east and slap their name on it. So its not an intended "slap in the face" There are a couple of knives in the Magnum line "inspired" by other designs, probably because they don't check those knives for similarity with other brands designs.

But I have to say, as fond as I am of Böker usually (they're like 20 min from my hometown and the people in the shop are nice) I'd think they would know the KABAR/Becker line of knives and recognize this as a blatant copy and refrain from selling those. A company with such a long history (and counterfeit problems on their own) shouldn't stoop that low, IMHO. Especially because they have a lot of collaborations with knife makers, and they really should know Ethan Beckers designs, as they have been around for a long time.
Not cool Böker, not cool :mad::thumbdn:

It's pretty clear that they are copying the handle and the styling.

Its both sad and silly.

What a ripoff. I feel like there is a possibility that we don't know the whole story here but if it's what it appears to be then what a low blow from boker. They gotta know, right? All I know is that I'd be hella bummed if I bought this and found out later that it was a ripoff design and I could have had the real thing for $10 more and made in the USA too boot. Not to mention that everything that's happening between those handles is better on a Becker...

Back