Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

As much as it looks ancient and the scales look rough they are actually very smooth. I am really liking the acid wash on the O1. I am a big fan of carbon steel and the club knife checks all the boxes for me. I hope they will do more club knives in O1 with different covers
I do and I don’t hope they do more covers. I was trying to convince myself I was good with the Jute but that castle wood looks really good on that pattern even better than it does on the Barlow. Now I’m thinking I need it!:D

For those of you who own the Club Knife, can you pinch the blade open? I apologize if that has already been mentioned. Thanks.

Yes, mine is firm, but pinchable

Mine is pinchable as well.

both of my club knives are pinchable. I do find my micarta is somewhat easier to pinch open than my castle wood

Thank you all for the feedback. I don't know what happened to me but I suddenly got tired of using nail nicks. It's like it happened overnight. I don't have weak thumbnails and I don't have arthritis but nowadays I almost require a pinchable blade.

Just arrived Monday, another great Boker Barlow in Olive wood. If you look close you can see (don’t know if photos show it) a small gap between cover and bolster on show side, and the shield isn’t fitted the best, going to be a user so not that worried about it, but it could be much better. Love the color, some olive wood I’ve had before was really light, this seems more like what I expect from this wood. The pics show the rest as far as F&F, well done. The best thing about these Bokers though is the W&T and this one is SNAPPY, SNAPPY, SNAPPY!
96DAF6F8-0136-448E-A0A4-A01133F3AC50.jpeg 319EE0DC-1D69-4497-AD4C-E4EAD1C887B1.jpeg 8BF9F60B-C594-4EB5-958B-21725B04E5FD.jpeg EDD3611B-FA40-4791-BF7D-D0B93F9D44BE.jpeg

I just ordered a Boker Barlow in the castle oak. I have a couple other Bokers already and find them some of my favorite knives

I just ordered a Boker Barlow in the castle oak. I have a couple other Bokers already and find them some of my favorite knives
I highly doubt you’ll regret that pick up. I just had mine out tonight for the first time in a few months for some pictures in the Barlow thread and I was wondering why I it’s been so long since I had it out for some pocket time! Post some pictures when it comes in!:thumbsup:

dFFLxr1.jpg

Just got my new Boker Barlow in olive wood this afternoon. Fit and finish is decent but I did have to give it a new edge so it cuts like I like and it took a very nice edge. Looking forward to see how this ages.

So here it is, ordered Friday, delivered today, from Finland! This is a fantastic knife, W&T is perfect (did need some flushing), pinchable with a “6” pull, perfectly centered, back spring is flush in all three positions, no gaps, very sharp and nice grind. Shield is pinned and flush, pins are flush, covers have smooth transitions. If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m VERY pleased with this knife! If you are thinking about picking this one up, I would say do it. I don’t know how anyone could be disappointed with this knife.
View attachment 1486507 View attachment 1486508

Thats gorgeous! What are these called, do they have a number system, or model name?

Edit; nevermind, didn't read far enough! :)

Thats gorgeous! What are these called, do they have a number system, or model name?

Edit; nevermind, didn't read far enough! :)
I own quite a few knives, (probably not as many as some of you on this forum :)), but this one has been in my pocket everyday since I got it. Actually, I didn’t carry it yesterday, suffered from separation anxiety, and had to put it back in my pocket today. I don’t know what it is about this knife, it wasn’t cheap, but it is worth every penny, to me anyway!

I picked up a tree brand smooth white bone trapper the other day. Website says made in germany, box it came in says made in china. The knife itself is as follows, it has the tree brand etch in the blade along with tang stamp of a tree and boker. The other blade has a tang stamp of high carbon stainless steel.

Quality seems closer to china quality than what we are use to from solingen.

I picked up a tree brand smooth white bone trapper the other day. Website says made in germany, box it came in says made in china. The knife itself is as follows, it has the tree brand etch in the blade along with tang stamp of a tree and boker. The other blade has a tang stamp of high carbon stainless steel.

Quality seems closer to china quality than what we are use to from solingen.
If the tang is not stamped with “Solingen,” then it wasn’t made in Germany. Boker doesn’t claim any of their knives are fully made in Germany, except for the knives with the Solingen stamp.

Back