Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

That German told me that he went to the Boker museum knife store and they had no traditionals. Most Germans don't care for them and the Solingen Boker knives are more popular in the USA. The tactical knife market is the biggest sellers , I guess. Maybe he was trying to rip me off , I did not know him. I am so thankful , I was not born in Europe. You defend yourself in Europe with a knife , you are going to prison. Gun grabbers , always go after knife people after they ban guns. Look at China. Go buy yourself a NEW Boker Tree Solingen wash board bone knife , you will not be sorry.

I could not imagine not owning 30 Boker Tree Solingen knives. I can not imagine not owning 30 CASE XX knives. (Trapper-locks , Russ-locks ,Tribal-locks , 2019 Trapper-lock Kickstarts "Best fidget toy on Earth") I need the right CASE XX Back-Pocket ! I can't imagine not owning 30 Schatt & Morgan knives. I just counted 110 GEC knives. I was going for 90 GEC knives in 2020 and break 100 in 2021. Without God , I am nothing and I would have nothing. I am a miracle . I know how to bless others and receive miracles in my life. I gave away a Beer & Sausage , GEC#38 after I bought a second one in Tractor Green , GEC#21 F&F , old Boker Tree Solingen rose wood pin knives , my original 1977-80 perfect Star Wars action figures. Don't give your pearls to swine. The right knife to the right person. Mr. Mike Latham gave away a GEC B&S for the word "RECOIL". It is a miracle that Mike Latham did not lose everything he owns this year. Mr. Frank gives knives to post office workers. Mr. Frank gave a GEC#14 Oily Creek bone to Darren Orrell. I want to be more like them. I scored seven 2020 GEC#74 Mustangs. I have three #74 ironwoods and the last AAPK #74. Giving & praying Works ! Please go buy yourself a Boker Trapper Washboard bone knife for $75 to $80 ! You will not be sorry. I have never sold or traded a knife in my life. If you want to be blessed with miracles and better knives, start blessing others. "If it aint worth keeping ,it aint worth giving !" God put that in my heart. I like Kenny one arm better than Kenny two arm.
Kenny, I don't know you except here on this forum and one other. but I admire that last sentence. You are impressive and courageous. Thank you for your attitude. It would take a strong man to say that. And you certainly are.

My Boker Stockman came today and I have a few first impressions. First, the fit and finish is excellent the “Buckskin” bone handles are beautiful. They look more like dark smooth Appaloosa to me. The main clip blade is nice and snappy the others not as much. My only complaint was that all three blades were noticeably dull but took nice edges when run through my Sharpmaker. Overall I’m pleased with this purchase and for $75 I figure it’s worth it.:) Oh yeah, the shield is pinned.
View attachment 1466700 View attachment 1466701 View attachment 1466702 View attachment 1466703
Oh boy , you done did it now ! I don't care what they cost ,now. I need and a Solingen Boker Trapper in buckskin bone. I never pulled the trigger on one. I always jumped on the Sambar Stags and washboard bone knives in stead. I did not know they looked that good. Mike Latham CKs had the best prices on Boker knives. Mr. Mike was having trouble getting Solingen knives at a good price back in 2018 before the tit for tat taxes set by President Trump. I just checked out CKs Boker knives. Mr. Mike has two different nice lock-backs for $77.95 . And Mr. Mike has a Buckskin bone large Hunter slipjoint two blade for $84.95. That is a whole lot of beautiful knife for the money. I bought a leather magnetic $25 slip to avoid paying shipping on my last CK order, this year. I want to support dealers that support Blade Forums. Thank you very much for posting this buck skin bone photo. I knew I should of stayed off this thread. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

These Boker Soligen manufactured knives with carbon blades are excellent knives. No gaps, cracks, chips, drips, runs, or errors on any of these knives.

a couple Copperheads
Q4mUOQ3T_t.jpg

a couple Trapprs
vijoHKKX_t.jpg

uKwOKuz

Picked this beauty up the other night finally ran in to one of the 440C numbered stag models for a reasonable price. They tend to have better covers and this one is fantastic. The last stag stockman I had while perfect F&F had some fat ugly covers and C75.

40AWihT.jpg

Here are a couple of my boker lock backs. I own several more lock backs in Pearl, a few fixed blades in stag. I also collect trapper pattern knives and the bokers are a fine example. I own one in Damascus/mop and several In stag. Would have to get into the safe for pictures. But you can take my word for it they are fine quality knives

Last edited:
Beautiful collection of lockbacks! I’ve been wanting to get one of the stag folding hunters but the price is pretty steep especially on the Damascus.
40AWihT.jpg

Here are a couple of my boker lock backs. I own several more lock backs in Pearl, a few fixed blades in stag. I also collect trapper pattern knives and the bokers are a fine example. I own one in Damascus/mop and several In stag. Would have to get into the safe for pictures. But you can take my word for it they are fine quality knives

I posted in the Boker USA site that I got a catalog from SMKW, and there was a blurb about the traditional BOKER Knives no longer being made in Solingen, Germany, any thoughts?

Just found this thread! I have several Boker Barlows (all with pinned shields) and I’m happy with all of them. They aren’t all perfect but neither are all of my GEC or Case knives. I had some Christmas money and so I have been looking around the last couple of days for a new Boker. Had plenty of time to peruse the selections on several different sites, do some research, consult my family for their thoughts, sleep on it, and just generally enjoy the experience of shopping for a quality piece of cutlery. I even had time to breathe! I finally decided on this one. View attachment 1483793
And now I anxiously await its arrival, the one thing that shopping for a GEC and shopping for a Boker have in common.
By the way, I’m in no way trying to trash GEC or their knives. They’re great knives and I own many of them, l’m just disillusioned with what it takes to get one lately, especially when there are so many other great options out there. (Stepping down off my soapbox now!):D

Just found this thread! I have several Boker Barlows (all with pinned shields) and I’m happy with all of them. They aren’t all perfect but neither are all of my GEC or Case knives. I had some Christmas money and so I have been looking around the last couple of days for a new Boker. Had plenty of time to peruse the selections on several different sites, do some research, consult my family for their thoughts, sleep on it, and just generally enjoy the experience of shopping for a quality piece of cutlery. I even had time to breathe! I finally decided on this one. View attachment 1483793
And now I anxiously await its arrival, the one thing that shopping for a GEC and shopping for a Boker have in common.
By the way, I’m in no way trying to trash GEC or their knives. They’re great knives and I own many of them, l’m just disillusioned with what it takes to get one lately, especially when there are so many other great options out there. (Stepping down off my soapbox now!):D
Good choice, you will not be disappointed. I have the Club knife in what I think they call iron wood and it’s beautiful!
View attachment 1483808

Good choice, you will not be disappointed. I have the Club knife in what I think they call iron wood and it’s beautiful!
View attachment 1483808
That is beautiful and I considered that one, hard, but in the end I went with the 01 carbon steel, and I do like micarta as well. All that said, I’m pretty sure the ironwood will be my next purchase, or maybe the castle burg! :)

Back