Bookie's Different Kniv

Hey, Eric! Good to hear from you. Making ukes at the moment (they're easy, light weight, and forgiving if I screw'em up!) and some electric 3 string cigar box guitars. Must by the Grandkid a khuk for Christmas. Bet Mrs. Martino just might have something for sale.

Hi Bawanna. Looks like adding photos has changed on me. Might take me a while to figure this one out. Always does. I hate living in the 21st century. You want uke pictures or 3 string guitar pictures or WIP pictures? Hope to have one uke done this weekend. Gotta whomp up some decals for a few perhaps later this morning. Just in from Comet hunting. Got a few pics of Comet Neowise that are with no assist and are definitely less than dead roach quality.

Maybe you could make it simple and put the uke, 3 string, and rock knives all in the same picture? That would be one picture to rule them all!

O.K., Bilbo.....Three pics for the Khukri-kings under the sky. Seven for the flint knapping-lords in their Texas halls of stone. Nine for mortal men doomed to die khukri-less. One pic for the Dark Bawanna on his dark wheeled throne in the Land of Monroe where the shadows lie. One photo to rule them all, One photo to find them.

O.K., Bilbo.....Three pics for the Khukri-kings under the sky. Seven for the flint knapping-lords in their Texas halls of stone. Nine for mortal men doomed to die khukri-less. One pic for the Dark Bawanna on his dark wheeled throne in the Land of Monroe where the shadows lie. One photo to rule them all, One photo to find them.
Love it! You must be feeling better!

Hey Doc! Was just going to write you and check up on ya. Havent heard from you in a while. Glad your feeling better and gud enuff to build Ukes and cbg's. Id love to see the pics too. Of course that goes without sayin. I havent built much lately myself because Ive been wiring my shop for electrocity. I hate having to plug and unplug every time I want to use a piece of equipment. Anyway thats mostly done. Next is plumb for some air and then more plumb for dust management. Im working harder at home than at work!
I can attest to the fact that you are the only one I know of that has a caveman Khuk and probably the only one in existence. Couldnt have gone to a better place. $350! Wow! Maybe im in the wrong business? Anywayz..So glad to hear your doin better and getting that stuff whooped!

Kamidog, good to see you are still on the right side of dirt. The VA has been doing good things for me, but them varmints keep finding things wrong with me. Makes one think he musta been spraying Agent Orange in Vietnam er sumthin. The caveman khuk hangs immediately next to the photo of Pala holding that Japanese style katana I made for him. Definitely a place of honor here at Toad Hall and I'll be keeping it. In fact, it's already listed in my last will and testament.

Well lets hope you dont have to exercise that will for a long time to come. Your too stubborn to live on the wrong side of dirt my friend! Im gladd the VA is helping you out. Thats why I hate to go to the doctor. They almost always find some other crap thats wrong with you. The dentist aint no different. Fortunately im running out of teeth to pull so they aint makin much off of me there.
Hey btw! I just got me a paint sprayer. Im excited to be able to move away from a freekin paint brush finally. Its a FujiSpray HVLP. I dont have much of an air compressor yet so i need something self sufficient. Its got its own turbine in it so all you need is power. Im total newbie to this stuff but I bet it would be great for spraying finish coats on CBG's. I mostly just do natural or rub on finish but Im sure it will come in handy on future builds. Im building a woodworking bench now and it needs to be covered so its my test bed. Ill start a thread soon as I get the Tube figured out. I need to get my browser to cooperate with uploading then ill do it. Take care of yourself Doc. Back in a while!

Back