Boycott CBS news

Not that I needed another reason not to watch CBS "news" but I am glad that you found this and pointed it out to everyone. I am very much afraid of where stories like this are leading us as a country.

OH NO! :eek:
Even FLAILS! :rolleyes:

If the guy is violating residential/business zone laws, OK. But why go to the neighbors and say "Did you know so-and-so down the street is making sharp, pointy stuff and selling it to people?" There is no drama here, but they just have to create some. :rolleyes: :barf: :grumpy: :mad:

A sad day for knifemaking, for sure....but then again, this is in New York State....:rolleyes:

Lets hope they dont find out what can be done with their bare hands... I mean a sharp stick could be deadly in these things! :rolleyes:

I dont get it... are they going to bust him for tax evasion or something? What is the problem with selling them out of his home?

Steve Liccatta's work is bizarre and certainly leans toward the dark side of knifemaking, but that's HIS art. He has his own style, and its HIS business what he does with his hobby/livlihood - not theirs. As long as no one gets hurt, they should back the eff offa him. What these soccer mom's are pissy about is that the kids actually like this stuff. Man, when I was a kid I probably would drool over it too! Look at one determined mother did to Married With Children. Practically killed that show overnight. Now to watch that show and its laughable and old news compared to the crap they have on TV now. Better to smack around a hot chunk of steel and drink some fine bourbon instead of watching mindless television anyway imho.

I've been boycotting major news networks for years. The worst one right now imho is Fow news, but ABC, CBS, and NBC all follow behind with their own forms of liberal sensationalism. The only reputable respectable and reasonably honest company still broadcasting is CNN. Heck, they don't have time to invent bullshit like the major networks.

pendentive said:
A sad day for knifemaking, for sure....but then again, this is in New York State....:rolleyes:

Hey, we have enough problems here, NJ is not a suburb
:D OTOH, how many people are doing any number of things in a shed behind the house, or their basement. Maybe somebody ought to send the reporter a link to the ebay listing of "khuks, with real torture knives!" That should give them some work for tomorrows nutty show.

What a bunch of idiots! Knives and Axes and Flails, Oh my!

What the H#$$ they think someone would do with a $1200 "weapon" when a $10 machete, $20 axe and $15 baseball bat is available at their local Wal-Mart. Ever hear of a $1200 client using a Renaisance weapon for a crime? Did they bother to ask those same neighbors if they have any kitchen blades longer than 4 inches? Oh My! Did they look for unregistered pistols with those same neighbors?

I did notice they did NOT have a "respond to editor" button on that story.

Sorry, the extent some of these folks will go to destroy their and our freedoms really pisses me off.....

hit "contact us" on the menu on the left. you'll be able to email that scumbag media wh*re directly. i did.

I wrote them the following note:

"Your item, entitled "Weapons for Sale," states in its very first line that "A CBS 2 investigation has uncovered some of the deadliest weapons imaginable on sale."

Either the writer doesn't have much of an imagination, or you're really stretching for cheap rhetorical effect. This is sensationalism at its worst, and you have claimed as your victim a talented artist and craftsman.

This isn't news. This isn't journalism. It's pompous, dishonest, overwrought tabloidism. It's also a perfect example of why you are losing the support and viewership of informed, objective-minded individuals like myself.

If you're interested in more deadly weapons for sale, please be sure to stop in to your local hardware store, kitchen supply store, home improvement center, or gun shop."

I like that they didn't want their kids getting a hold of them... they might be tipped off that their kid wanted one when he asked "um.. mom... can I get.. $1200 for ... lunch?"

And his clientele, as mentioned in the article - ren faire folk - now there's a group of people you *definitely* don't want wandering around your street at night! They might.. be polite and speak funny to you!

*sigh*

"Some folks call it a Kaiser blade, but I call it a sling-blade."

- Karl Childers

Does anybody have a link to contact Viacom, the CBS parent? I couldn't find one anywhere on the viacom.com site. Convenient, eh? I suggest, if we can find a contact link, we all write them and tell them we have blocked all their TV holdings from our home TV's, and won't support any of their businesses. there's a nice list of these at viacom.com.

I wonder if they are aware that people who make this stuff are held as "National Living Treasure", as in the case of Jerry, and whether our craft has been celebrated in the Smithsonian and Guggenheim?

Apparently, Steven making swords is far, far more important than someone sticking a broomstick up some Iraqi's butt.... or those *&^%*&^% masked basturds from beheading an American contractor and parading it on the web. I'm really getting to the point where I wish we'd take off the kid gloves and flatten those insurgents with finality, collateral damage be-damned.

I have sent CBS my thoughts. That woman and her station need a size 10 boot stuck right up their ass

Guys....CBS could give a rats a$$ how many nasty emails they get. To them, that means, somebody's watching our news.

If you want to get their attention, watch the news and write down every company that advertises during that spot.
Then email every company just saying that even though you like their product, you are going to boycott it because of the news. Copy CBS on each one.

This is big money to CBS and you will get some sort of reply that they can't slant the news or some such crap.....but...they will be careful about what they air in the future...for a while anyway.

I did this on a local level with one of the news stations who sponsored a gun buy back.
They have never done another one. In a way that's a shame because I went to the buyback and stood beside the line. The news people and police department were giving certificates for 100.00 for each gun. These could be redeemed for food.

I just offered $25.00 cash for the ones I wanted.....It was a good day.
I was persona non Grata with the police department for a while though! :confused:

I already boycott CBS. I have not watched that BIASED news program since Walter Cronkite. ( I realized that Cronkite was a left wing liberal) All of their reporting is biased. Sometimes I accidentally hit the channel button when surfing and am half asleep, but when I realize it, off it goes. I HATE ( hate is a very strong emotion) that Dan Rather. He is some kind of sanctimonious, holier than thou art idiot as far as I am concerned.

Gee! I had to say that.

Licatas blades are a little too futuristic and age old, at the same time, for me, but when I was younger I had visions of that type of blade.

Rush, Fox, talk radio in general, C-Span is were I try to stay. I have not seen, listened to or otherwise any of the other news sources in many years. Makes little difference though because the same pap is spuerred from the History channel, all cable news except Fox, and any PBS TV or radio. So the exposure is there so long as the TV is on (sit-coms, all of it spues the same pap). The quick fix for this country is to only alow those that do not accept government aid to vote. It will never happen.

RL

Newspaper headlines 2035:
New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screw-drivers, fly swatters, and rolled up newspapers must be registered by January 2036.

Doesn't sound so far fetched does it?

Back