Bradford USA: Guardian 4, 5, 5.5, 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. The 4,5, and 6 seem pretty obscure for some reason. They seem like they should have more of a following.

Brad could probably answer best, the Guardian 3 was the first entry followed by the other three, by request or just natural progression, but that might have been a small bubble for the middle sizes, while the 3 is great neck carry size and weight or just for all around carry, the 4 for me I liked as well too, hard not to like!
G2

Really late to the party...I have been eyeing some bark rivers in 3v in the 5-7 inch range as my military-outdoors-everything knife. Currently stationed in Korea. Saw the Guardian 6. Ended up ordering it with the 3D micarta scales, saber grind, 2 days ago based on this review. My question is, is the spine squared off, and how is the thickness of the blade near the secondary bevel? as I plan to slowly adjust the secondary edge to convex through natural sharpening during the course of the knife's life.

Great choice, I don’t have that knife at hand any more, as I change things a lot...way too often my family things LOL but I remember it was ground down fairly thin and you should be able to get that into a nice convex shape easily I think.

The spine I believe was more squared but wasn’t sharp edged, but if you are looking for a spot to strike a fire starter, you could always stone in a small area just for that purpose too.

Brad of Bradford Knives use to have a makers level here but has since lapsed, I think he still comes into the forum though and should be able to let you know both answers on his new released versions.

G2

I bought the 4" unit in carbon fiber for a friends son who is a crew chief on a C130. Steel M390. He has had it for a year and still thinks it is the right tool for the job.

...My question is, is the spine squared off, and how is the thickness of the blade near the secondary bevel?...

The G4 that I had for a short time was stonewashed and, as you can see from this photo, was quite rounded on the corners, no chance of scraping a ferro-rod without modification. But as Gary wrote, you could cut a square section into the spine if desired.
The edge thickness on the 4 was 0.025" - not really a slicer but good enough, more suitable for harder use. As with ANY knife, touching it up on a strop each time it needs a sharpening will convex the edge and softer the edge-shoulders over time. No worries there :thumbsup:
And if you are looking for a way to carry it lower on your side, i can help you there :cool: (see my sig-line for a link to my UKE 2.0)

Pz-Dorz9_J7NGJk4x62gb1O5n3v8WIZabL4QJlEFDmrOwvOloaVplHDZCchY1xlSsA-EhNcFRbUPW5DJ1igXscVwoLT_iDBC61fjjAOsRW5fQZf5giWvjt2s3TK13p8ZDOY60E3ASrPfnZG_iTi0weF-SvxgTWvUoB1ZnEyGLUYZWK015F6uealvXmlflfrimRtUHECVGEsWEO4p3tPV9rlU99xOOOqsgseLLiVg5TNXWi4K_oyBSs7MzlF7kvylrEYDgj0MrxEOVUMalWgJss6fPzA5iYW7a_tEtrFhp0nnJQmrIApF1m3Cn7juIEPIXtVQgOvVLWlVcvtDYwqUtku6bTTFmHEzPJNU-BaKuxo7ho8hWVQaIi0oZk_qOqV8qZP37IA0dKUJ0lljWgq5mOldHhgdrpFafVehPQsyjt2gmFLZVkMrPB_arOTJFEdR7jiYPUBT1gO-COytcAJg8L0K4ai2VBP4Nc--MCd1OyCispXpVPi3QGOKzVOqNoWPgmiCzoqfNIZ13Fmp1OCYtxPsi5D6HuaVSqQnh9Bcl1l-C-QGHfNYpIhxpjtb9jSztvSt6ZLenVSfd9TB_AtIX8APedyjgpa0yOvwvFY7DA=w1564-h1173-no

u87h2wHYUHHqplL1dKZ4w1Z2C90MZZGB7Dp66uYzITRihBCpMfJPM5CfOwpKAJgFId4dLBAvetGxNwWHkMzdSqTHdQONQGL1VBdZlNAAz2FEw0MembYguCCED6pAqQA5rCcT9cRgjL2JWaFeSiX_z9Sji0LrNX8EW-pXhEd9Nqox3geF7f9tFrDhQNgGZJBgN0cixOmODvGtTwQMDUKLZf06frryeCaYsAJvhV_fMTcb5zO3SWdrkA-16pWVZe2qnS7hoGtxRK9qTVccWtUYpWvOgkcjF4qNoZggL9g6d7q9dpi-sCjUXqHTskUzlUtizIz60GC7fIaQbUO3K6_rOub91a9nnTiXWGWi02T-IYpdUCuszm6spRUj4YWumAp9pjUFU3yiYfbkeDV2jpgTN4gfMCyAxemwFokFkAjtnpkeENYObS8vD05L09j9BfZjpkzYxp9aPArOH9fypS9-8Te0OpxzidiJUbCjOMFDuY2sxB96Y1elRjyD1F-_gST2q_y1ZKpo-VeSi4bHdb859KjxcVMo8JAqrGymehWkQf3vfDjgBG-ybJOqCFahsn-lvgct1_DkoFhXDS_36BFIbb2I3LiDqYBKgdCW8xKRPbIBSNyUCY1-=w880-h1173-no

Sorry not familiar with that one...
G2

Wow very nice!
G2

I know this thread is old but I must say Bradford makes a great knife..I bought the Bradford Guardian 3 with the thinner diamond pattern G10 scales and Guardian 4 with the canvas micarta scales,they are easily 2 of my favorite knives..I plan on buying the Guardian 5.5 in the near future

I know this thread is old but I must say Bradford makes a great knife..I bought the Bradford Guardian 3 with the thinner diamond pattern G10 scales and Guardian 4 with the canvas micarta scales,they are easily 2 of my favorite knives..I plan on buying the Guardian 5.5 in the near future

I have the 5.5 and is a beast. Love it. One day ill get a G4.

I love my Guardian 3 and Guardian 4..the are easily 2 of my favorite fixed blades in my collection..Guardian 3 is the perfect fixed blade for EDC.I bought it for EDC so I went with the G10 scales because I figured you would be less likely to see it bulging out of my shirt..I bought my Guardian 4 for outdoors and utility use and I personally prefer micarta to G10 scales plus I find the rounded handles are more comfortable to me so that is what I went with on my Guardian 4..I love everything about it,it’s so comfortable it feels like it was custom made for my hand.I let my friend use it a little and his hand is a lot bigger than mine and it says the same thing..such a great design,I like that they did the .5’s too for people who would rather not have the finger choil..I love the finger choils but I think I may get the Guardian 5.5 in the not too distant future..the 3 and 4 definitely won me over,I’m now always curious to see anything Bradford has coming in the future..would love to see the Bradford Guardian 7 coming out as a big chopper

I know im late to the guardian party but I have been eyeing the g4. I have a fixed hindered neck knife and this g4 looks great to me.

Do they ever go on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back