Bragging A Bit

Got some more for you. I think I finally have a nice full-blade patina, though it's mostly been in the kitchen still as this heat and humidity has put a damper on the hiking and fires. Just been cycling for the outdoor adventures the past month. Any who onto the blade.

Side note, I think this would be a killer kitchen utility knife in 3/32 stainless...

The task at hand
MJb4SJ7l.jpg

Finishing up
GcSt1zLl.jpg

jX2Fx5rl.jpg

Nice little patina after washing the blade off. I like.
MPu9pOel.jpg

ctcnRBwl.jpg

John, this really is a nice knife but frankly you have a lot of nice knives to choose from. I see me getting a Kephart. Need to think about the type of handle and maybe some liners.

Can you make this in stainless or is that blasphemy?

John, this really is a nice knife but frankly you have a lot of nice knives to choose from. I see me getting a Kephart. Need to think about the type of handle and maybe some liners.

I can do stainless, I believe there’s one out there already.

I know I keep throwing this out there, as I said a similar thing about the hurley creek, but I also have a Kephart that you're welcome to handle if it will help you make a decision between that and the rule 9. This is something I will be doing more of as part of my collaboration with John, with a more formal program/service in March.

And not to complicate things, the mud turtle is a great design if you like a little more contoured handle, and a touch less thick to. I tested it out in the passaround (you can look that thread up)
r6ElQjzl.jpg

I know I keep throwing this out there, as I said a similar thing about the hurley creek, but I also have a Kephart that you're welcome to handle if it will help you make a decision between that and the rule 9. This is something I will be doing more of as part of my collaboration with John, with a more formal program/service in March.

And not to complicate things, the mud turtle is a great design if you like a little more contoured handle, and a touch less thick to. I tested it out in the passaround (you can look that thread up)
r6ElQjzl.jpg

I appreciate the offer. I may take you up on this.

Back