Britain Planning To Outlaw All Knives

Even Roman slaves were allowed to carry knives, while a centurion might have at his disposal a sword. British subjects are less than slaves? Banning knives while the police rapid response units carry full auto is as inexplicable as the gold:silver ratio after fiat money. If we don't find another planet to colonize soon, humanity is doomed to extinction.

Isn't changing all citizen's/subjects rights due to the actions of a terrorist enemy plain and simple retreat/appeasement?

If we don't find another planet to colonize soon, humanity is doomed to extinction.

The way things are going, that can't happen soon enough. We as a species have had a good run, but sooner or later you've just gotta let it go.

The birds will remember us as monsters, the way we remember their ancestors the dinosaurs

I just bought a couple of knives from an UK retail seller, I rang up and told him what knives i wanted and he said your just in time, We are going to be put out of buisness due to the goverments new knife rules, I said i did not think any law had be passed as of yet, But knife sellers seem to be getting worried.

John.

Tactical forks! But first you have to train, at Fork U.

This knife ban hysteria is asinine but not new. This is how switchblades etc got banned. It is impossible to ban all knives including those for cooking and those you make by sharpening a stick, and it's an idiotic if not cynical politically motivated ploy. But a ban on carrying knives in public, criminal penalties and stupid categpories of banned knives are quite possible. Actually, we and they already have that, they'll just make it worse . It is such a politically correct and convenioent thing to do to get sheeple votes that it is a recurrent problem. Now addressing the real reasons for crime? Nah. THAT'S too hard.

OK, it is a little misleading to say that the article is a proposal to 'ban all knives.'

It's not.

But it is really frickin' stupid. They banned zombie knives? What the hell is a zombie knife, and how is it more dangerous than any other knife of equivalent size? What do they have against cheapo knife-like object manufacturers in China?

Also they're outlawing deathstars. OK boss. When the Empire built the first one of those, it bankrupted several star systems, so I'm sure you really had to worry about your yutes building those.

EDIT: Also, I heard on NPR the other day a story about the new thing in the UK- drive-by acid attacks, usually robberies, on motor scooters. The reporter was interviewing some random taxi driver who lived nearby the crime scene, and asked him if he thought there'd be any new regulations or anything on buying strong acids. He said something to the effect of "Well, we've heard all that before about guns and then knives and such, and see how much good all that did..."

One of trumps minions said the swamp dwellers will stab you in the back with a machete!?! Machetes are for hacking, not stabbing! Politicians only act when there is some kind of media-driven hysteria pushing them off their bums. Then the people suffer until reason catches up years later(if at all)

The linked article's claim that all knives will be banned is not supported by any other source, including stories by those generally critical of the UK government.

Of course, it is on the Internet, so . . . .

I have found at least 1 UK knife site today that said they no longer deliver knives in the UK, But you can collect them, they say this is because of new regulations.

Stick an 18+ label on the parcel and deliver to an local shop/newsagent, then only the person named on the parcel can collect it, and newsagents always check your 18+ before the can sell cigarettes or alcohol so there use to checking age.

Amazon has it`s own delivery service, So it`s easy for them to change delivery requirements for their drivers, deliver to person named on the parcel only, make sure they are at least 18, send text to buyers mobile so that they are home for delivery.

John.

If they think that's going to solve anything they will be wrong again. Stupid knee jerk appeasement is all.

This to me is ridiculous, sure knives are dangerous but so are forks and the razor i use to shave my face! it's not the item, its the carrier and the way in which the blade is used. Britain is a joke when it comes to knife laws and even firearms for that matter! If you decide to go and stab a person then of course you should be held responsible for your actions but outlawing all knives is punishing the many for the actions of the few. If your knife is hidden and not used in an aggressive or threatening matter then i really do not see the issue!

This to me is ridiculous, sure knives are dangerous but so are forks and the razor i use to shave my face! it's not the item, its the carrier and the way in which the blade is used. Britain is a joke when it comes to knife laws and even firearms for that matter! If you decide to go and stab a person then of course you should be held responsible for your actions but outlawing all knives is punishing the many for the actions of the few. If your knife is hidden and not used in an aggressive or threatening matter then i really do not see the issue!

There is no evidence the UK is outlawing all knives.

Pol Pot shot everyone wearing glasses that his minions could catch, taking eyeglasses as a sign they were not proletarians.

In service of the State.:thumbsdown:

Back