BROKEN SKULL - shipping now!

According to the specs listed for the Broken Skull, it's closer in size to a Spyderco Military. That being said, I ended up cancelling my pre-order from Knife Center for the Broken Skull. After thinking it over, it was very similar to other folders I already own. Instead, I purchased a 4" Recon 1 Tanto with green G-10 handle scales. I didn't have any tanto bladed folders and figured it would be nice to get something different! :):thumbup:

4" recon is the shiz!

Is it wise to have the word "broken" on the name of your knife? It would be rather ironic if it broke. I suppose it would be worse if it was a motorcycle helmet!

Yup

20160305_174530_zpslrfajkfn.jpg

But I'm getting a Broken Skull ASAP. Nice weight difference for same blade length!

20160305_174535_zpsx4enp5y8.jpg

Oh nice. I've already been planning a big Knifecenter order for my next pay day, maybe one of these will find it's way into that order as well.

I just checked my order and the Blue IV is now back on pre order/sold out. All the other colors are still in stock, who knows for how long though. I figure all the other forum sponsors will have some available soon so it's not a a now or never thing.

a64312db9c625d481cb3b04f43b7eea3.jpg

Nice close up! Love the texture--just like the AL...can't wait for some reviews and pictures. Still can't stand the name on the blade but what're ya gonna do?!

I don't know why but their curved pocket clips bug me. Not a deal breaker though.

Any chance these will be offered with different blade shapes? Perhaps without the DLC?

I'm not sure how many of you prefer a written review with pics over a video? Personally I like mine written so I don't have to try to pause at a certain point to get a good look and I much prefer the voice(s) in my head over anyone else's droning. So I'll post a written tomorrow morning with pics of comparisons between my Recon and some very popular Spyderco offerings. I'm done with the pics and I'll probably weigh it sometime tonight. I have to say, I'm damn impressed though with the BSIV!

I was surprised to find out the Broken Skull is a limited edition.

Jim

whaaaaaat_despicable_me.gif

So these will go up in value? Now I'm going to have to buy 2 more! Should be called the Whitewater, or the Tricky Dick® folder (which I just trademarked:D).

Attention Cold Steel Mod
, are these a one and done deal? I'll start a thread to ask this question just to be sure a Mod sees it.

This is where it says it's a limited edition (about the fifth 'paragraph' down) :

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/54SBLU/BROKEN_SKULL_(Blue).aspx

Jim

Yeah, I just saw that. It doesn't have that in the description on either Knifecenter (Where I bought mine) or BladeHQs site. Funny that both would leave that very important tidbit out? From now on I'll have to go to the manufacturers website first. If I had known I might have bought 2 IVs. I'm hoping limited means 15,000 each instead of 600, that or it'll still be available but under a different name

IMO, it would be cool, if it sells well enough, for CS to keep it as part of the lineup, but only the special editions have the Broken Skull logo on them. Then the regular ones would have the option of plain black or satin/stone washed blades.

Just a thought.

Jim

....but only the special editions have the Broken Skull logo on them. Then the regular ones would have the option of plain black or satin/stone washed blades.

Just a thought.

Jim

and a damn fine one at that! :thumbup:

Back