Buck 119 store prices

The Wally World Find thread got me thinking about how varied prices are for the same product. So what does a Buck 119 retail for at your local store and what state is that store in? I know they can be had cheaper online but this is more about regional pricing pattern curiosity.

I'll start, LSG store sells the 119 with leather sheath in clam pack for $60 in Iowa. The local walmart sells the 119 with nylon sheath for $47. Walmart has them in a display case, not sure if the 119 is boxed or clam pack.

I think Wally in East central fFlorids sells them for about $47 and some change.

$50-60 around here in the Carolinas. Well worth that price for that amount of steel. I also pick up older well used ones at gun shows for around the $40 range. I prefer them in 440C.

Wallyworld buys 300,000 of them and the others buy 10,000. Who would you give a better price too?

We now have 6 wallyworlds here. 4 supercenters and 2 small types. Each supercenter has a different price on their knives. Depends on what neighborhood they are in. Lowes has 110's with Leather sheath, clam pack for the same price as wallyworld...

Friendly reminder, you must be a Gold member to name locations and prices...

At my local Canadian store that sells Tires, the 119 has been $59.99CAD ($45USD) for as long as I can remember. Good deal IMO.

Wallyworld buys 300,000 of them and the others buy 10,000. Who would you give a better price too?

We now have 6 wallyworlds here. 4 supercenters and 2 small types. Each supercenter has a different price on their knives. Depends on what neighborhood they are in. Lowes has 110's with Leather sheath, clam pack for the same price as wallyworld...

Friendly reminder, you must be a Gold member to name locations and prices...
My mistake, looks like I need to read the rules again after 9 years.

I didn't know that hardware store sold Buck Knives. They've had Leatherman for years and even stock the bit sets.

That supercenter retailer lists two different 119 models on their website at two different price points. Not sure what the difference is but hopefully Buck Knives has enough integrity not to cheapen the 119 for them. The unquestionable quality is why I feel comfortable recommending them to others.

$50-60 around here in the Carolinas. Well worth that price for that amount of steel. I also pick up older well used ones at gun shows for around the $40 range. I prefer them in 440C.
Thanks for the 440c tip. Had to read up on those to find out my oldest 119 is 440c. It has spent the last 15 years opening boxes since the blade snapped short. If I send it to Buck, will the replacement be the modern 420hc or do they use the original 440c material? Lately the Bear and Sons has come out more because of its 440 blade.

If it's the tip that's snapped just send it to Buck and have them reprofile the blade. They'll put a factory edge back on it too.

Not sure what the difference is but hopefully Buck Knives has enough integrity not to cheapen the 119 for them. The unquestionable quality is why I feel comfortable recommending them to others.

Buck doesn't 'cheapen' the build quality of knives for anyone. The knives you buy at a big box store came off the same assembly line and were built and sharpened by the same people as the knives you'll find in the mom and pop cutlery store that sells them for MSRP. The differences are in the packaging (more or less expensive), the sheath (nylon or leather), and the quantity bought by the store. If a store guarantees it will buy hundreds of thousands of units, Buck is willing to make a little less money per unit than for stores that will only buy 200 units.

My mistake, looks like I need to read the rules again after 9 years.

I didn't know that hardware store sold Buck Knives. They've had Leatherman for years and even stock the bit sets.

That supercenter retailer lists two different 119 models on their website at two different price points. Not sure what the difference is but hopefully Buck Knives has enough integrity not to cheapen the 119 for them. The unquestionable quality is why I feel comfortable recommending them to others.

The Lowes by my house carries only 110's. There are 3 other Lowes here and they are alot larger than the one by me, I see it in the tool dept where the cutting tools are (makes sense), utility knives, H.D. scissors. They have other brands, don't know why? :D

Thanks for the 440c tip. Had to read up on those to find out my oldest 119 is 440c. It has spent the last 15 years opening boxes since the blade snapped short. If I send it to Buck, will the replacement be the modern 420hc or do they use the original 440c material? Lately the Bear and Sons has come out more because of its 440 blade.

That would get replaced with the new version in 420HC.

everyone is talking pre sales tax correct? to keep it apples to apples....

Cabela's website has the 119 on sale for $44.88 right now. Free in-store pickup or spend another $5.12 and get free shipping.

Also have several other models on sale:
Knight $34.88
Prince $38.88
and a few more...

Sorry i don't mean to be rude but how does spending another $5.12 qualify as free shipping?

Sorry i don't mean to be rude but how does spending another $5.12 qualify as free shipping?
mtEhXSz.png

Also remember that the big boxes buy direct from the maker, while small, local stores buy from a distributor - adds to their cost. Big small stores (ACE HDW) would run their own distribution centers. OH

Back