Buck 650

qVYlQdM.jpg

i dislike the holes. i prefer my version which is the second down on the left side of lastkidpicked collection. wish buck would bring that one back.

JB, these holes show the morse code for an "R". Dot-Slash-Dot. That is very important and the holes in the blade ensure that you don't forget it. But don't ask for whatever you need the "R". Ask Buck or ask Tops knives. I think they can tell you the secret.

Haebbie

JB, these holes show the morse code for an "R". Dot-Slash-Dot. That is very important and the holes in the blade ensure that you don't forget it. But don't ask for whatever you need the "R". Ask Buck or ask Tops knives. I think they can tell you the secret.

Haebbie
yeah. cant argue with that, Sir.

i had read oxygen wrench, fence wire bender and some sort of tops brand logo identity deal. none of those i need or want myself. cant imagine using that blade to do any of those tasks. what do i know though......;)

i had read oxygen wrench,

Yes, Sir, that is the official declaration. But the truth of the matter is the morse code reminder. Do you ever had to open an oxygen bottle? No! But I am sure you never forget the morse code of an "R". You see it works.

Haebbie

The Black coating on that is Black Oxide

Black oxide or blackening is a conversion coating for ferrous materials, stainless steel, copper and copper based alloys, zinc, powdered metals, and silver solder. It is used to add mild corrosion resistance, for appearance and to minimize light reflection

The Black coating on that is Black Oxide

Black oxide or blackening is a conversion coating for ferrous materials, stainless steel, copper and copper based alloys, zinc, powdered metals, and silver solder. It is used to add mild corrosion resistance, for appearance and to minimize light reflection
Should WD40 have any effect on black oxide. Not that it matters to much but what ever Buck used on the partial serrated 650 here came off by wiping WD40 on the blade. Just curious what the coating was and Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
View attachment 775180 View attachment 775181

I really like the Buck/Tops knives.

I can see WD-40 taking that coating off. I would recommend just using a light oil. I'll see if I can try the wd-40 on something here and see what happens

WD40 does not harm gun bluing so I suspect Buck is using a coating, not an oxide.

WD40 does not harm gun bluing so I suspect Buck is using a coating, not an oxide.
At the time I was wondering why it had that effect cause I always wiped finger prints off blue firearms with WD and it always did the job. I'm not sure why I wiped this knife I new it was Stainless and coated and sure didn't need it . I was at time bummed and sorry about it then , but later liking the looks better :D

I've still have not seen another like this?
View attachment 770033 View attachment 770034 View attachment 770035 View attachment 770036 View attachment 770037
Bought this new some years back it was coated black was wiping some guns with wd40 and when done gave a wipe to my knife . I saw that the black coating was coming off from the wd40 so off it is. Don't know why wd40 had that effect . When I purchased it I had know idea it had the part serrated edge or part of the limited run of 750.o_O

I have #391/750, my cousin has 390/750. These were Special Edition knives that were sold through The Sportsmans Guide via on-line only. You could also have an engraving done on them. I had my initials and my cousin's initials engraved on them.

I have #391/750, my cousin has 390/750. These were Special Edition knives that were sold through The Sportsmans Guide via on-line only. You could also have an engraving done on them. I had my initials and my cousin's initials engraved on them.
Very cool! I purchased mine new from Tri-City Sports. A sporting goods store back in the 80s. Had know idea about it being special or having the engrave on the blade until I was home and opened the box. When I saw the engrave on the blade it was part of the one of 750 then I realized it might be special. It made me not want to use it. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I agree w/ Jeff H.. WD-40 will take the bluing off a shotgun. That spear point pig sticker is the bomb. DM

Back