Buck 842 Black and Blue G10

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
Got one to test and take some pictures of. This knife pivots on bearings and flips like a marksman. Liner lock is tight with zero blade play in any direction. There are liners under the G10 that capture the bearings. Very nice and easy to dissamble and put back together. Nice black S30V blade, sculptured G10 scales look great. Right about the size of a 112.

Blade is sharp, were all used to that. There is a slot the pin in the blade runs back in forth in. Works great.
I think this one is a winner.

More pics and info to come:thumbsup:

nice. nested steel liners. just wish we could get 3.5" or bigger version.

Really like the bearing flipper liner lock. Would like a bearing in a Vantage. Not especially crazy about the blade shape in your example but think this is a step in the right direction.

That is a BEAUTIFUL knife!

I've been drooling over the marbled carbon fiber 841 since they were announced... I think you just sold me.

Last edited:
Really like the bearing flipper liner lock. Would like a bearing in a Vantage. Not especially crazy about the blade shape in your example but think this is a step in the right direction.
They have a couple of models in this lineup. The black and blue model 842 has a different blade shape and a thicker tip than the 841.

Price point? I also like the fact that Buck is not afraid to innovate while staying true to their traditional line up.

I wait for Buck to have them on their website!

I really like the burlap micarta one. The blue and black is also handsome. I am not
sure about the cutouts on the top of the blade on some of the models, though. Not the shallow spot for the thumb, but the slots. Those look like they will be uncomfortable when you bear down on the top of the blade.

Last edited:
Back