Buck fixed blade Fridays

This is the one and only Buck 116 Caper I've ever owned (and never used). OH
Buck_116_&_sheath_circa_1972.jpg

A 102, 118, and 121 for today. A friend for almost 60 years died this fall. One day his wife showed up with a large box full of knives and these were in the box. View attachment 1720905
A bittersweet box of knives for sure. The loss of a great friend who can never be replaced coupled with those wonderful reminders that bring back memories with there handling. OH

A bittersweet box of knives for sure. The loss of a great friend who can never be replaced coupled with those wonderful reminders that bring back memories with there handling. OH
Thanks, Bruce (well said) and others, but the time comes when people start disappearing. In the last six months, four of my old climbing partners—in the sense of both age and not recent—have died. I did find this photo, taken years ago, of my friend. I think of it as a farewell photo with him walking off to the great unknown.

Rex cloud Peak.jpg

The Buck 103 Skinner. I own two of these, both from circa 1971/72, one NOS still in the box, and one that I have used. Frankly, while it skins just as well as a 118, it doesn't do the other parts of taking a deer apart as well as the all-purpose design of the 118. I'm sure others will have their own, valid, opinion that differs from mine. In its defense I will say I have never accidently pierced anything with one! OH
Buck-103-2.jpg

OSHC-10-18-19-about-to-skin-deer-with-Buck-103.jpg

Back