Buck Jail...

bucksway

Gold Member
I'm in it right now..I 'traded' for all 4 the recent Father's Day buildout pastel 112's that came to my house two weeks ago and a couple of days ago I opened up a really, really cool box from Ebay that had my new to me MOP brass frame Bareheaded 112 AND a 2005 LE 290 Rush with a Paua shell inlay..Both look very expensive but I got them from a BCCI member at a true bargain price. Further factors leading to my incarceration was telling KathyJo that I was committed to paying for the Damascus Nickel silver frame Mastodon/Elephant Ivory 112 I received right before the Blade Show..But the actual Buck that brought me to the Bar of Justice was one I found last night on the latest list from Larry Oden..a VERY, VERY rare Roe deer blade cutout 112 in Burl (that turns out was sold already) and a 312 I did have Larry pull for me. A discussion then happened with Kathy about all of recent Bucks purchased and when I had to tell about a rechargeable LED Buck flashlight I had almost forgotten about (delivery in progress) Sentence Was Passed..I am now in 'Buck Jail'..I almost made a big mistake by laughing out loud when she pointed her finger at me and told me that. It's the first time I have ever heard that expression but even I had to admit it was justified..So have any of y'all ever been sentenced to 'Buck Jail' ????? Unfortunately I don't know at this time how long I'll be in..

nope, no buck jail for me ever. I give my wife her own spending budget and I have my own. I dont bug her about her buying and she doesnt bug me about mine. you got some nice stuff there, might be worth your jail time.......

I like the term buck jail though funny.......

Haha - never Buck Jail specifically, but I do have varied tastes.

Sounds like a great bunch of Rangers, and I would love to see some of the culpatory evidence....

best

mqqn

Oh - that Ivory was definitely worth posting twice! Great knives - thank you!

My wife picked up a Matt Diskin Kershaw Launch 8 at Blade this year - with hand inlaid Pua - it's really nice but I have to confiscate it from her to get pictures lol.

best

mqqn

Absolutely Larry! I wish I had been quicker on the Roe deer cutout but I'm really glad I got the 312 before sentencing..

This is too funny, Buck has saved my ass from wife normally when a knife shows up it’s a Chris Reeve, Strider, Busse or some custom. So when my 110 showed up and I told the wife it was 77 dollars she gave me a funny look when I brought the 105 home for 28 dollars she laughed at me.
But I need to talk to Mike about a sheath for the 105.

Two true stories about my lovely wife. Who was anti gun and knife at one time.

First one was when there was a breaking news story about a home invasion / shooting near us. Complete with a helicopter hovering over our house with a spot light.

My completely anti gun wife looked me right in the eye and said. “Get a fxxxxing gun now! And it better be loaded!” I said to her. “No, guns are evil”.

The second time we were at a mall. My daughter fell at the end of the escalator. Her loose shoe lace was getting pulled into the mechanism.

All my wife could do was scream and pull. I reached down and cut the lace. They looked at me like I was Superman.

I never get any crap about things I buy anymore.

Two true stories about my lovely wife. Who was anti gun and knife at one time.

First one was when there was a breaking news story about a home invasion / shooting near us. Complete with a helicopter hovering over our house with a spot light.

My completely anti gun wife looked me right in the eye and said. “Get a fxxxxing gun now! And it better be loaded!” I said to her. “No, guns are evil”.

The second time we were at a mall. My daughter fell at the end of the escalator. Her loose shoe lace was getting pulled into the mechanism.

All my wife could do was scream and pull. I reached down and cut the lace. They looked at me like I was Superman.

I never get any crap about things I buy anymore.
Nothing like real life to make things real

Reminds me of when i was taklking about buying a special whistle for diving powered by air from the scuba tank and can be heard from up to a mile away, they werent cheap$80 ea iirc my wife said we didnt need to spend the money.
Well shortly there after when my wife and I were spearfishing, we swam into the current looking for a ledge, well current changed while we were down and we came up over a 1/4 mile from the boat, at the same time the waves kicked up while we were down. Our boat was having a hard time finding us. Needless to say when all settled she said we were buying them she didnt care how much they cost.

My wife used to say .
Really another knife. It wasn't so much about the spending .
We both had our own money to spend after bills were paid and we never questioned the other on their purchases.
My wife is now an ex wife and I learned to keep myself in check.
I have lost count on how many knives I have so . So occasionally I put my self in Buck jail :)

Back