Buck Jail...

I'm in it right now..I 'traded' for all 4 the recent Father's Day buildout pastel 112's that came to my house two weeks ago and a couple of days ago I opened up a really, really cool box from Ebay that had my new to me MOP brass frame Bareheaded 112 AND a 2005 LE 290 Rush with a Paua shell inlay..Both look very expensive but I got them from a BCCI member at a true bargain price. Further factors leading to my incarceration was telling KathyJo that I was committed to paying for the Damascus Nickel silver frame Mastodon/Elephant Ivory 112 I received right before the Blade Show..But the actual Buck that brought me to the Bar of Justice was one I found last night on the latest list from Larry Oden..a VERY, VERY rare Roe deer blade cutout 112 in Burl (that turns out was sold already) and a 312 I did have Larry pull for me. A discussion then happened with Kathy about all of recent Bucks purchased and when I had to tell about a rechargeable LED Buck flashlight I had almost forgotten about (delivery in progress) Sentence Was Passed..I am now in 'Buck Jail'..I almost made a big mistake by laughing out loud when she pointed her finger at me and told me that. It's the first time I have ever heard that expression but even I had to admit it was justified..So have any of y'all ever been sentenced to 'Buck Jail' ????? Unfortunately I don't know at this time how long I'll be in..

I'm curious, What are the conditions like in buck Jail? Do you still have internet access? Does the credit card still work? Is there opportunity for smuggling activities?:):thumbsup: Or do you find yourself, sleeping on the hard, cold stone floor, chained to the block stone walls, and fed moldy bread and gruel through a small hatch in the top of the cell?:eek::thumbsdown:

O.B.

It's actually pretty nice! 10 yeears ago I went through the phase of running to the mailbox to hide the evidence but since then I have matured enough to know NOT to have to many come at one time and of course not talking on speakerphone to my Buck buddy's or especially David about the latest score. It really helped a few years ago when I laid them out for a trip to Altanta and told her what I paid and how much they were worth now. Some have doubled or tripled in value or more. The worst part of being in Jail is letting a great deal go by for a 112 I NEED FOR MY COLLECTION...

I’m kinda like Ottis Cambell on the Andy Griffith show. Occasionally I get Buck drunk and I jail myself and sleep it off so jail time isn’t bad at all . It’s been years since my jailer/exwife quit and I have to be self controlled to avoid financial trouble. I now have some nice knives and I enjoy giving knives to family and friends.

Ha.
No, she's cool. She actually bought me my first collectable knife, and has even confiscated a few as her own....... ya right.
As long as I'm honest with her all is well. I learned a long time ago when you mislead her....... well then the ogre comes out.

The hard part is biting your tongue when she spends money on something you think is stupid.

Thankfully, my wife doesn't bicker with me about finances after I came up with a budget plan to dig her butt out of debt.

Knives are not the only hobby, and she has raised a silent eyebrow as some guitar or automotive purchases. Heck, with knives, I invite her to try the new ones, and got her hooked on carrying a small Opinel (tried for a Buck 112 paperstone but she didn't like it) for cutting food.

She also used to laugh about weapons, saying I was paranoid, until we had a crazy neighbor trying to kick down our door and threatening to kill me. Now she admits that she has no clue what to do, and basically trusts me to make decisions. No Buck jail here.

Back