Leather Buck Sheaths

I should have added that I don’t want to do the whole sheath and make it shiny. Just a touch up on the worn areas, something that will blend and look good.

I use plain ole Kiwi black shoe polish. Blends very well with the original finish, unless dealing with an extremely worn sheath. I think it would work on those you've posted above.

I do not remove or buff the polish once applied. Letting it wear in seems to give the best results

It’s been forever since I needed it but didn’t Kiwi make some liquid shoe polish. If I remember correctly it sorta worked like a dye. I’d use it in the Marines when coming out of the field. My boot toes would get pretty scuffed up and I’d use that to blacken the areas of leather where the brown showed through before using the paste type polish.

I am far from a leather expert, but I have spend many hours putting work into leather boots that need some TLC. I would first use Fiebing's leather dye to get an even black color. After this, leather conditioner of your choice (I like Obenhauf's for sheaths). Finally you can finish with a shoe polish - I really like the Saphir cream polish but even beeswax or similar will work. Good luck!

It’s been forever since I needed it but didn’t Kiwi make some liquid shoe polish. If I remember correctly it sorta worked like a dye. I’d use it in the Marines when coming out of the field. My boot toes would get pretty scuffed up and I’d use that to blacken the areas of leather where the brown showed through before using the paste type polish.
I think I remember that stuff. It had a square sponge at the top and you used it to dab the liquid on.

I've used Sno-seal for a long time, as well. Recently, I've been using White's boot oil on my sheaths. A little black polish over the that, if you'd like.

Back