Buck Vantage, lets see the variations.

Do you guys agree that the Buck Vantage (small and large) is just a simple hop away from joining the custom line-up at Buck? It seems like it would be simple through the Custom department to offer multiple blade steel options as well as multiple handle material insert options for the injection molded handle frames. Engraving is already available (at least on the Select models).

One can dream. ;)

I understand why the Vantage was Chuck Buck's personal choice for carrying and gifting.

Do you guys agree that the Buck Vantage (small and large) is just a simple hop away from joining the custom line-up at Buck? It seems like it would be simple through the Custom department to offer multiple blade steel options as well as multiple handle material insert options for the injection molded handle frames. Engraving is already available (at least on the Select models).

One can dream. ;)

I understand why the Vantage was Chuck Buck's personal choice for carrying and gifting.
That would be great to have that. Even something as simple as being able to select a handle color would be fun.

I have a factory one (sorry no pics right now) with what looks to be rough oak scales on it. They are wood for sure and I'm guessing oak, think it may have been another factory concept that didn't make it into full production. The other ones I have people have already posted.

I am surprised no one has mentioned that JAGcustomknives was doing custom scales on the Vantage models in the past. You can look him over on his forum under the knife maker section on the Blade Forum directory. Here is a couple of wood scales I got. One has purple tint and one green. They were old fence posts that had rested in a Bog for many years. I don't know if he is still working on them, he said it was tough to get the blade centered after taking them apart. He lived Canada at the time.

large.jpg

Here are a couple in stag.

large.jpg

Last edited:
FYI...
If you missed the fixed blade BOTM with s35vn steel, it's available on Buck's site in the LE collection.

I agree Grateful, those are all really cool...especially the matte finish ones

Yer killing me Mak...:) Beauties they are!! Love the H2O coat, with those great pics it’s hard to say they look better in hand, but they do. Quickly became favorites .

I was on Buck's website and they no longer have the rosewood handled ones.
Are they going to discontinue them?
They still have the BSA knife.

I just ordered a small Vantage Pro, and small Vantage Select with the wood insert. Mike, I PM'd you regarding another of your Vantages...

SK Blades "Maverick" large with natural canvas micarta. I like micarta and have several knives with various types, but these are unique. They have an almost cloth like texture. I really like it a lot and would like to see this type of micarta used on other knives.
20CV steel ain't bad either :p

BuckMaverick3.JPG

Back