Buck Vantage, lets see the variations.

I was thinking we need a current Vantage thread.

Why start another when we already have this one and all it's great pics and info.

Back from the dead....

There's a number of new ones since.

Here's my Oct BOTM.
I was hoping for a dark one, and it's sweet!

I like micarta, but there's nothing like the feel of a wood handle. I like the weight it gives the knife as well.

View attachment 2376698View attachment 2376699View attachment 2376700
I couldn't chose my favorite pic so here's all 3!

😎

Necro-posting.....
Blame it on Halloween.🎃

This 845 isn't exactly the xl version.

Bert

View attachment 2376825
no I want a 3.5" to maybe 3.75" bladed length vantage. hence an xl. been asking for Buck to make an xl version since I first got here. the large vantage regardless of blade shape is a great knife but I prefer a longer blade/ bigger version..hence what I call the xl. it doesn't exist yet, but wish it would......

It was supposed to be a joke, but I grabbed the wrong photo. Here is the 340 Vantage, blade length 2 5/8", not exactly an xl.

Bert

View attachment 2377040
gotcha. missed the joke, sorry.

I still do want my vantage xl though please Buck......I've been whining and begging for it for half a decade or so now......

I use the large vantage 20cv I bought from skblades a few years ago. I use it most every day at work and it has been a tremendous good knife, holds an edge for a very long time and it isn’t to difficult to sharpen with a hand diamond plate sharpener. I cut a lot of tough dirty stuff and the wear resistance is really good.
I also have the botm version s35vn with natural micarta inserts and use it on weekends and around town. It also does very well but I don’t use it as hard or on nearly as dirty stuff.
Then I have the first vantage I bought in s30v that was my work knife. It does alright for most cutting but it was more chippy on tough dirty stuff. I think it would be better suited as a weekend lighter duty knife as it holds an edge really good on cleaner less abrasive material.
If they come out with a Magnacut version I’ll be all over it and maybe buy two lol. And like jb says, an xl version would be really cool!

Back