Budget Knives Give Away

The knife came in today and Abby LOVES it! It fits her hand like it was made just for her, and she loves that it’s a “knife necklace”. :D

upload_2020-8-24_21-12-24-jpeg.1406039

She was so shocked she teared up. She asked me if we could whittle first thing when I get home tomorrow (it was her bedtime when we went and got the mail). She said “Daddy, he even wrote a note just to me!” She said to thank you very much! This smile says it all, brother:

upload_2020-8-24_21-10-31-jpeg.1406037

No doubt we will be whittling tomorrow! Thank you so much, Chad. My daughter and I will remember your generosity forever.

More pics to come when the chips start flying. :D

I'm glad she likes it. It should last her next to forever, just be sure to keep it oiled or keep using it, as you know. I look forward to seeing the layers of patina she puts on it.

Theoretically, I have a package out for delivery today that was supposed to arrive Monday.

SWMBO tells me I have a box waiting for me to get home. :)
Thanks again!

That neighbor kid should be happy too. I'll be surprised if he can manage to break the knife I picked out for him. I dare say he could probably even do some prying with it.

He's gonna love the bush shiv.
and I greatly appreciate the kabar dozier folder!

thanks!

I believe my boys are going to have a paper/scissors/rock contest to see who walks away with what, Chad.

I thought I had them figured out, but the Mora setup really took with the kid that primarily likes to carry multi-tools.

Tell me, is the sheath setup a creation of your own?

I believe my boys are going to have a paper/scissors/rock contest to see who walks away with what, Chad.

I thought I had them figured out, but the Mora setup really took with the kid that primarily likes to carry multi-tools.

Tell me, is the sheath setup a creation of your own?

It isn't something I made. If I remember right, that setup was sold at a charity aucfio. I came by it as the guy who bought it, gifted it to me in the old PIF thread as I either asked about a small fixed or asked about the eldris specifically as I was thinking of buying one in orange along with an orange kansbol for a matching set.

My daughter got to use her knife today. We went for a long hike and I chopped off a couple of walking sticks. She delimbed both of them, and whittled the bottom ends to blunt points.

She said it works great for whittling, and doesn’t hurt her hand at all (no hot spots). She loves it! A couple of pictures from our hike:

upload_2020-9-13_21-39-20.jpeg

upload_2020-9-13_21-39-38.jpeg

Thanks again, Chad!

My daughter got to use her knife today. We went for a long hike and I chopped off a couple of walking sticks. She delimbed both of them, and whittled the bottom ends to blunt points.

She said it works great for whittling, and doesn’t hurt her hand at all (no hot spots). She loves it! A couple of pictures from our hike:

View attachment 1418652

View attachment 1418653

Thanks again, Chad!

Atta girl! Thanks for sharing.

Back