Budget Knives Give Away

Discussion in 'Good Knife Co.' started by bikerector, Aug 12, 2020.

1. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    The knife came in today and Abby LOVES it! It fits her hand like it was made just for her, and she loves that it’s a “knife necklace”. :D

[​IMG]

She was so shocked she teared up. She asked me if we could whittle first thing when I get home tomorrow (it was her bedtime when we went and got the mail). She said “Daddy, he even wrote a note just to me!” She said to thank you very much! This smile says it all, brother:

[​IMG]

No doubt we will be whittling tomorrow! Thank you so much, Chad. My daughter and I will remember your generosity forever.

More pics to come when the chips start flying. :D

2. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm glad she likes it. It should last her next to forever, just be sure to keep it oiled or keep using it, as you know. I look forward to seeing the layers of patina she puts on it.

AntDog and f1addict like this.
  3. f1addict

f1addict Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Received mine yesterday. My son is super excited! Thanks again Chad!

David Mary and bikerector like this.
  4. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Theoretically, I have a package out for delivery today that was supposed to arrive Monday.

5. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Mine arrived yesterday too...Utilitac II. Thanks again Chad!

bikerector likes this.
  6. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    SWMBO tells me I have a box waiting for me to get home. :)
    Thanks again!

bikerector likes this.
  7. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    That neighbor kid should be happy too. I'll be surprised if he can manage to break the knife I picked out for him. I dare say he could probably even do some prying with it.

1066vik likes this.
  8. 1066vik

Nov 28, 2009
    He's gonna love the bush shiv.
    and I greatly appreciate the kabar dozier folder!

thanks!

9. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I thought that would be southpaw friendly.

1066vik likes this.
  10. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    I believe my boys are going to have a paper/scissors/rock contest to see who walks away with what, Chad.

I thought I had them figured out, but the Mora setup really took with the kid that primarily likes to carry multi-tools.

Tell me, is the sheath setup a creation of your own?

f1addict and 1066vik like this.
  11. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    It isn't something I made. If I remember right, that setup was sold at a charity aucfio. I came by it as the guy who bought it, gifted it to me in the old PIF thread as I either asked about a small fixed or asked about the eldris specifically as I was thinking of buying one in orange along with an orange kansbol for a matching set.

f1addict and 1066vik like this.
  12. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    My daughter got to use her knife today. We went for a long hike and I chopped off a couple of walking sticks. She delimbed both of them, and whittled the bottom ends to blunt points.

She said it works great for whittling, and doesn’t hurt her hand at all (no hot spots). She loves it! A couple of pictures from our hike:

upload_2020-9-13_21-39-20.jpeg

upload_2020-9-13_21-39-38.jpeg

Thanks again, Chad!

13. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Atta girl! Thanks for sharing.

f1addict and AntDog like this.